Page 166 of 267 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176216266 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 2666

Thread: Castor oil for hair growth?

Length
    shldr/tbl/long
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Default Re: Castor oil for hair growth?

I am surprised that most of you are able to remove the excess oil with CO or diluted shampoo. I can't do it. Always leave my hair greasy and mostly wash again

Length
    12/mb/waist
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I haven't had good luck with castor oil increasing hair growth but I'm glad some people are seeing results!
    Routine for my dyed mid back length hair: shampoo and condition twice a week, with Alterna Kendi Dry Oil Spray all over and shea butter on ends and lightly on length as leave-ins on wet hair, and blow dried with a Sedu on low heat

Length
    Chin/23"/32"
    Type
    1a/F/i

I have been using castor oil on my lashes and brows for about 3 months now and have noticed some thickening and growth but have only been using for about a month on my hair (scalp) so cannot comment on that yet..

However I second what others have said about conditioner to wash it out, I use CWC just make sure you apply the conditioner to dry hair (ie with the castor oil in but before wetting it) and massage well before wetting, then I cover all hair from the ears down in more conditioner and use diluted SLS free shampoo on the scalp only, before conditioning a final time

This method completely removes all the Castor oil even from my fine, thin hair

Length
    6/12/24
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii/iii

I use castor oil once a week on my hair (two days after washing it) I love it, because not only does it help with hair growth, it also helps as a detangler!

Length
    BSL/BSL/TB
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Tonight I tried something different. I put my castor oil/amla oil mix on my scalp and roots, and a SMT on my length and ends, and put it up for a couple hours. Before showering it off, I added a bit of conditioner to my roots and massaged it in, and it all rinsed nice and clean. I liked doing it that way- may as well treat all of my hair at once! Also, I think the SMT helped to keep the castor oil from traveling to the length so much. Yay! I can see myself doing it this way much more often than without the SMT.
    Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~Kahlil Gibran

Length
    Chin/23"/32"
    Type
    1a/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by autumnsdaughter View Post
    Tonight I tried something different. I put my castor oil/amla oil mix on my scalp and roots, and a SMT on my length and ends, and put it up for a couple hours. Before showering it off, I added a bit of conditioner to my roots and massaged it in, and it all rinsed nice and clean. I liked doing it that way- may as well treat all of my hair at once! Also, I think the SMT helped to keep the castor oil from traveling to the length so much. Yay! I can see myself doing it this way much more often than without the SMT.
    I have been thinking about trying this, definitely going to now thanks for posting !

Length
    TBL/BSL+/CL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

still using my castor/mustard/rosemary oil mix. Think I will add a small amount of coconut oil to the mix as well. I'm not measuring growth and I think I have been shedding more recently, not sure why. I will not stop using it though as I think it really benefits my hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleopatra18 View Post
    still using my castor/mustard/rosemary oil mix. Think I will add a small amount of coconut oil to the mix as well. I'm not measuring growth and I think I have been shedding more recently, not sure why. I will not stop using it though as I think it really benefits my hair.
    I do the exact same mix of oils and it works wonders for my hair. My mix has coconut and almond oil too

Length
    19/22/45
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Anje View Post
    Does it seem like it actually encourages more hair to grow, or is it plumping the existing hairs (which I have heard castor oil does)?
    Yes! My hair grew so much afterbusing it! It really plumper my hair up.
    Growing out bleached hair is acceptable now, thank you ombre trend!

Type
    1a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by gazelle View Post
    I am surprised that most of you are able to remove the excess oil with CO or diluted shampoo. I can't do it. Always leave my hair greasy and mostly wash again
    I can't do that. Any time I use coconut oil, I have to use a regular shampoo and sometimes wash twice if it's a really mild shampoo. But CO washes in general are no-goes for me. I need more cleansing on my scalp than that.