Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: People thinking youre pentocostal because of your hair?

Length
    Chin/BCL/CL

Default Re: People thinking youre pentocostal because of your hair?

Quote Originally Posted by sarana View Post
    Pentecostals are Christian religious people. I suppose they are kind of strict and conservative?
    Ah, I see. Thank you. Hadn't heard of that term before.
    Lady Moon of the forests of wonderland, in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights
    🧜On instagram: yareach_lhc

Length
    15/40/tbd
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by knobbly View Post
    I’ve never gotten this but a. I live in NYC and no one cares what you are wearing/how you look unless it prevents them from getting where they’re going and b. I have a septum piercing and visible tattoos so no matter how long my skirts are I doubt anyone would think that Jesus is the reason
    same, except sans septum.

ALSO, unrelated, knobbly I've been mostly awol all winter/spring so seeing this "brushing the top of your calves" is :thud" wowza
    Lady Daybreak, keeper of the Stars & Sea ☽︎ artist, lover, general mystic

Length
    Chin/43.5/Blunt
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

I haven't encountered being asked this before, but I do occasionally wonder if people around me might think I practice a particular flavor of Christianity or other more orthodox religious practices as I wear long sleeves and pants or skirts and keep my hair covered. I haven't been approached about it directly but people have asked round about questions. I also have multiple piercings including my septum so this might stave off some of those jumped to conclusions.
    Chin~Shoulder~APL~Midback~Waist~Hip~TB~CL~[FTL]~MT~Knee~Knee+
    Pursuing my Princess Hair ♕

Length
    33/55/?
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii/iii

Not pentecostal, I don’t think there are many in my country, but I have been asked if I was quaker because of my hair. I’m not sure if it’s common for quakers to wear their hair long, although I was wearing a headscarf at the time so maybe it was the combination

Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

I've never been asked whether I was Pentecostal, but I was once invited to an Apostolic Pentecostal church because of my hair. I remember being approached by a lady at a Goodwill, having a lovely chat, and then being asked whether I'd like to join her at church that Sunday, because she noticed my hair and clothes and just...assumed that we had similar views. I looked up her church later, and it was indeed an apostolic one.
    Honestly, I can't blame her--people are usually surprised to learn that I don't look like this for religious reasons. Popular guesses in the past have been Mennonite, Quaker, and on one really confusing occasion, Amish.