Inspired by Bat's anniversary thread, I thought that I would start my own. I joined this site on March 15th, 2023. As most of you already know, I'm a breast cancer survivor (almost five years cancer free, but am still on Letrozole until September of next year, which is the same year I get my driver's license renewed, but that will be in July, so sayonnara spiky hair me that looks like an older version of Bart Simpson, since it was still blondish when it first started to grow back from losing it to chemo).

Here's the color my hair was before chemo (last family picture; I'm not sure how old it is):

and here's the color it is now:

I seemed to have kept the blonde but lost the red. Luckily, I have no grays yet, or else I would be covering them up with Natural Instincts in Medium Golden Brown, which is the closest to my current color.

It took me three years to grow back to my former length and I only got it trimmed once since then (mid back range to arm pit level). It's somewhere between mid back range and waist length, which is the longest I'll go, since if I'm sitting on it, it's too long (at least for me). My mom used to have long hair when I was still a toddler. She then cut it off to shoulder length and only had it as long as I like to keep it once (she looked like an older version of me, so there goes that theory that I was switched at birth. We've even been mistaken for sisters. She's one of five children; four girls and one boy, which kind of makes me feel sorry for my uncle, growing up with four sisters).

In comparison, here's what color it was when I was ten years old (and a classmate of mine disappeared after being locked out of her house by her sister. They still haven't found her, but it would be nice if they at least found a body, since then the family could have a bit of closure):

So you can see how much it's changed over the years. I came into this world as a strawberry blonde, blue eyed child, then in about grade six, it darkened to a reddish blonde and now to a light to medium golden brown, all natural, not dyed (just a bit of sun bleaching, but I still have that with my current color, since it's a lighter golden brown at the bottom and more medium brown at my roots). The only thing I didn't lose to chemo was my eyebrows and eyelashes, all other hair fell out (and grew back, since I was so excited when I first started to see fuzz on the top of my bald head, even though I hadn't finished with my chemo treatments yet).