Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best brushes?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Best brushes?

Quote Originally Posted by mochichichi View Post
    I never brush wet, I have straight hair so it's weakest wet with no additional non-floofy benefits to wet brushing. If I were to brush on wet, I would use the tangle teezer. I have much less tugging when I hit a tangle, and honestly I don't see the gentleness everyone raves about with the TEK, even though I do love it.
    thanks! i might try it

Length
    ???/27.7/39.3
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

The only two brushes I used continuously since I got them are my Tek paddle brush & a Tangle Teezer (which has been replaced along the way, same model though).
    I do have a Denman, but that's more for brushing conditioner through in the shower or things like that, not for dry hair care.

Quote Originally Posted by aeryss View Post
    The only two brushes I used continuously since I got them are my Tek paddle brush & a Tangle Teezer (which has been replaced along the way, same model though).
    I do have a Denman, but that's more for brushing conditioner through in the shower or things like that, not for dry hair care.
    Which one detangles easier wet hair?

I had a great brush from flee market a few years ago. It was broken and I was missing it, there was everything so perfect. Bristle length, thickness, stiffness and density and the way the brush "opened" a bit without being a round brush. No balls in the bristles. I had read some praising of Denman's brushes here, but I couldn't imagine it would be this one that I was missing, I thought tangle teaser is the only brush that has been developed for tangled hair. Now after long time I made some Googling and noticed that Denman's brush is exactly what I'm looking for. Tangle teezer is great, but hardly gets my worst tangles solved because its bristles are so soft and short. But now I was able to search this Denman's brush from stores around me, and I was happy to find it yesterday! And it really is working with my hair like I was hoping! Very happy!
    Last edited by Priska; March 23rd, 2023 at 08:05 AM.

Southwest/New England/Deep South/Appalachia
    Length
    42/42/42
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

I've used Conair "cushion" hairbrushes for years. I've had to replace them twice only because I lost the previous ones while moving house! After buying I pick the ball-ends off the bristles with a tweezer. The bristles underneath are nice and smooth, and the brush itself sturdy and affordable ($6).

Type
    1b/1c/F/M/i/ii

For years I only used a wide toothed comb on my hair then tangle teezers came on the market....was it a brush? Was it a comb? I didn't care, tangle teezers worked.

Then I changed my mind and decided that my tangle teezer was breaking my hair. So it was back to combs.

Then I bought a tangle teezer wet brush. So far I love it. It detangles my wet hair and slides through my hair when it is dry.

This brushe's name is Tangle teezer but it's different from ordinary soft tangle teezers. The bristles of this hairbrush are hard, but there are a lot of them and very densely and they somehow go intermittently. That makes this brush like a fakir's carpet; one bristle doesn't pull single hairs hard but the pressure distributes to a large area of many bristles. Works good with my hair! Even though I can't use it as the first brush if my hair is tangled...

This is even better than my Denman brush. Even though i use and like them both.
    Last edited by Priska; November 16th, 2023 at 11:45 AM.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

That's the drying brush, Priska. From Tangle Teezer. This is like a round brush, but in paddle form and vented throughout for an easy blow dry process. But I'm betting you can detangle with it perfectly fine!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Thanks for the info Lapushka!

Length
    13/37/32
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I just use wide toothed combs, horn or wooden. Curiously no brush I tried worked. I'm not exactly a curly but they all make my hair frizzy. Combs don't do that.