Results 5,281 to 5,285 of 5285

Thread: Honey thread - from TBB and bits from old LHC

Length
    1,50/19/29
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: Honey thread - from TBB and bits from old LHC

Quote Originally Posted by cookies View Post
    @rosmarinus that’s great, how do you use it and how often if I may ask? And do you have favorite types of honey?
    I mix 3-4 tbsp of honey with some water so that the consistency turns quite watery. If the honey had crystallized I have to carefully warm it up a little bit. I apply it all over from my scalp and roots to the ends(on wet hair). I use it once a week, and let it sit atleast 20 mins under a shower cap. If your hair is very dry, the longer you let it sit the better(but of course you might get slightly lighter coloring after that). I also wrap towel around my head and put another one on my shoulders to prevent mess. Then I rinse it off with warm water. Washing off honey needs to be done carefully, it is not dangerous to leave it in hair but it turns sticky when it dries and that's quite annoying(experienced this the first times when I tried it.) if that happens warm water and conditioner removes it easily.

In my case, result is glossy and soft hair, honey does not wheigh my fine hair down. Afterwards I've read that other people with similar hairtype have also found out that their hair loves honey.

When I used shampoo the result didn't have significant difference if I did it before or after shampooing, but if I did it before I conditioned my hair with aloe vera gel after shampooing, so it was basically CWC

I have always used local blossom honey.

Length
    Buzz/BUZZ/CBL

Quote Originally Posted by cookies View Post
    I’ve read more pages of this thread than I’d ever like to admit lol exactly because there’s barely any photos, from what I gather a golden light brown is achievable from our dreaded ashy mid brown. Given that you’re starting from scratch, you might be able to get some pretty good results by the time you get to that chin length bob! Obviously it wouldn’t go blonde but I imagine deposit only dyes (or whatever they’re called) would show better.
    Could be worth a try before you jump into the henndigo black
    AND honey lightening/henndigoing would have pretty much the exact opposite effect on your hair quality than bleaching/chemical black and running your fingers through your silky smooth hair might just convince you to give it a chance
    I'm not a big fan of golden brown so it's probably not an idea for me but would like to give it a go as an experiment
    Smooth hair would be nice to my hair is coarse medium

Length
    12/28.35/40
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Is a good idea mix honey, water and magnesium hydroxide (pH 8-9)? I want to remove hair dye.

Length
    ???/27.7/39.3
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Hullo, I've stumbled upon this thread last night when thinking about how I could lighten my henna results (or let's say various coloring experiments) a little bit, without doing any damage (having previously tried a bleach bath my hair wasn't happy about) and remembered my old recipe for lightening semi-permanent dyes. Which was mostly conditioner, olive oil, honey and cinnamon.

Today I've used the recipe in this thread aka 4:1 water and honey, half a teaspoon of cinnamon after letting it sit for one hour before using (total amount 1 1/2c water, 1/2 c honey).
    Washed my hair with cleansing shampoo, towel dried it and applied the honey treatment to wet hair from an old shampoo bottle, more or less just slapping it on my head. When I felt my hair was soaked, I have about a third of the mixture left and I was being very generous with it so I might do another round tomorrow - so I think for me dooing it on wet hair is the way to go, it's super easy).
    I've let it sit for an hour under a plastic bag and a towel and then rinsed it out with shampoo. Hair ist still wet so no idea on how well it worked - I'll report back.

My hair before the treatment: had been colored with semi-permanent orange/red shades for about 4 years, sometimes brown semis and one fatal hair salon dye which makes everything I put on now grab so much better. Lately I used different kinds of henna+cassia mixtures and a round of pure cassia+katam (very little katam just to town down the orange a bit). The overall color - even though I removed some of the previous colorings with vitamin c treatments - is a level 6 reddish copper I'd say.
    I don't want to strip too much of the current color, just trying to lighten the tone it a bit.
    Semi-permanent ginger | 73cm sss | no trims in 2023 |

Length
    ???/27.7/39.3
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Forgot to mention before: I used local farmers market honey (local to my hometown, Germany) and filtered water.

Now that my hair is mostly dry I can say the roots - which have only been colored twice look distinctively lighter. The rest, if any changes happened, might look more bright, I think mostly Katam / old semi-permanents have been lifted, not Henna. The change is very subtle overall, but I'm not unhappy with the procedere and will do it again.

Especially because my hair feels soooo good right now, silky-smooth, no frizz and it dried super fast.
    Semi-permanent ginger | 73cm sss | no trims in 2023 |