Page 502 of 529 FirstFirst ... 2402452492500501502503504512 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,020 of 5285

Thread: Honey thread - from TBB and bits from old LHC

Length
    17in/30/40
    Type
    2c/M/iii

Default Re: Honey thread - from TBB and bits from old LHC

Thank you so much for this thread, i think i've stayed up till 4am just going through all the elements you covered!

Lady Evelyn Of Shrieking Metal, Enchantress Of Faerie, In The Order Of The Long Haired Knights

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Quote Originally Posted by blondyhead View Post
    Thank you so much for this thread, i think i've stayed up till 4am just going through all the elements you covered!

Lady Evelyn Of Shrieking Metal, Enchantress Of Faerie, In The Order Of The Long Haired Knights
    You are very welcome.

I have started and participated a few almost as large. I recommend taking breaks, lol.

Length
    pixie/bsl/waist
    Type
    1c/F/i/ii

So I just did my third honey treatment in as many days (sorry, hair, but I really want you lighter before my roots become a problem). I mixed 20g honey and 80g distilled water in a spray bottle, let it release for an hour, then sprayed it evenly over my dry, unwashed hair, covered with a shower cap and let it sit for an hour. The honey I've been using has been leaving a residue, so when it was time to rinse out I shampooed with a clarifying shampoo (Garnier Pure Shine) and about a teaspoon of baking soda.

Here's the shocking part: I SMELLED PEROXIDE. As soon as I massaged the shampoo on to my head I could definitely smell peroxide, and it wasn't exactly subtle, either. Now I'm waiting for my hair to air dry. I can't wait to see if it looks even lighter than before.

Quote Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
    So I just did my third honey treatment in as many days (sorry, hair, but I really want you lighter before my roots become a problem). I mixed 20g honey and 80g distilled water in a spray bottle, let it release for an hour, then sprayed it evenly over my dry, unwashed hair, covered with a shower cap and let it sit for an hour. The honey I've been using has been leaving a residue, so when it was time to rinse out I shampooed with a clarifying shampoo (Garnier Pure Shine) and about a teaspoon of baking soda.

Here's the shocking part: I SMELLED PEROXIDE. As soon as I massaged the shampoo on to my head I could definitely smell peroxide, and it wasn't exactly subtle, either. Now I'm waiting for my hair to air dry. I can't wait to see if it looks even lighter than before.
    No one has reported smelling peroxide from a treatment alone. I do not know what kind of reaction you got mixing baking soda with that shampoo though, ETA which may have produced that smell. Honey residue does not need to be clarified out usually. Shampoo alone has removed it in most reported circumstances.
    Last edited by ktani; February 16th, 2012 at 05:33 AM. Reason: ETA and grammar

Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

I did my first honey treatment today - honey, water and a small amount of EVOO.

I think it has made a slight lightening effect. When my hair was still pretty wet, I noticed the drier bits at the ends looked brighter.
    It's quite hard to tell for sure, because, as my hair has henna in it, it looks so different under different lighting conditions - quite brown under some light and lightish red/gold under bright daylight.

I think the top few inches (which have a henna/cassia mix on them) look more blondish/golden than they did before (my color underneath is blonde - or was last time I saw it!)

One thing I disliked (apart from the annoying dripping) was the fact I shed a bit more hair than usual. I think that was due to the moisturizing effects of the honey/oil though.
    I avoid rinse out conditioners normally, because they always make me shed a lot more. My usual routine is wash, ACV rinse and leave-in conditioner.

Anyway, my hair's still damp, so haven't seen or felt the full effect so far, but will definitely do this again.

Length
    28/30/Tail
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

I can't get hold of distilled water in any stores in the UK - is deionised water the same?

Last edited by ktani; February 24th, 2012 at 05:07 AM. Reason: ETA

Length
    19/22/45
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Thanks so much! Really worked
    Growing out bleached hair is acceptable now, thank you ombre trend!

Length
    17in/30/40
    Type
    2c/M/iii

I love doing the chamomile tea rinse, my hair loves it, thankyou x

I will eat all your tofu maborosi's Avatar
    Length
    16"/38.5"/55"
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

I've done 2 honey lightening treatments in the past 2 days. I am doing my 3rd one tonight.

I have not noticed any dryness or damage. It's hard to say what my results are at this point. I think I'll do a few more before really drawing any big conclusions. I think it could be working because my tips are showing more of a brown color. That is big progress!

I'll have to take some pictures in natural lighting tomorrow after I've done my 3rd one (and given it ample time to dry). I only have comparison pictures, though, from after my first one.

~maborosi~