Results 5,001 to 5,010 of 5285

Thread: Honey thread - from TBB and bits from old LHC

Length
    17in/30/40
    Type
    2c/M/iii

Default Re: Honey thread - from TBB and bits from old LHC

Hi all xx

First of i love love honey, one of the best ingrediants in the world!
    What i do is combine 2 tbls of honey with 3 tbls of my fave conditioner, apply to wet or dry hair and leave on hair for 1 hour, then rinse. Afterwards my hair is incredibly soft and shiny, plus my hair has gone about 3 shades lighter!
    I do that about twice a week.

Hope this helped xx
    Happy Growing

Lady Evelyn Of Shrieking Metal, Enchantress Of Faerie, In The Order Of The Long Haired Knights

Does honey work best on wet, damp or dry hair?
    I've been putting it on damp hair as i use dry shampoo and a hair mist, and think maybe the residue may prevent the honey from fully penetrating the hair?

Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

I really want to try this, but can't get distilled water (I've tried about 7 different chemists and garages, all of which tried to tell me de-ironized or purified water was the same as distilled - which I gather is a big lie!

I already use a water filter at home. If I can't get distilled, might that be ok?
    Sorry if this has already been asked, I've only got through the first 60 pages so far, though I do intend to read the whole thread - gradually!

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Quote Originally Posted by MonaMayfair View Post
    I really want to try this, but can't get distilled water (I've tried about 7 different chemists and garages, all of which tried to tell me de-ironized or purified water was the same as distilled - which I gather is a big lie!

I already use a water filter at home. If I can't get distilled, might that be ok?
    Sorry if this has already been asked, I've only got through the first 60 pages so far, though I do intend to read the whole thread - gradually!
    It is not a lie. As long as it is pure with nothing extra it should be fine, http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...postcount=2369

The first post is set up to answer most questions including those for application of the treatments.

Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

Thankyou ktani. I was just bewildered by so much information I suppose.

I had read the first thread (I've got it saved for easy reference), but was still confused about the differences. This is probably a stupid question, but if I use filtered water from my filter jug, would it be helpful to boil it and let it cool first, or would that make absolutely no difference?

Thankyou ktani. I was just bewildered by so much information I suppose.

I had read the first thread (I've got it saved for easy reference), but was still confused about the differences. This is probably a stupid question, but if I use filtered water from my filter jug, would it be helpful to boil it and let it cool first, or would that make absolutely no difference?
    To me there is no such thing as a stupid question and you are very welcome.

I do not think the boiling of the water would make much difference although there is no harm in trying that. Just make sure that you let it cool to room temperature before using it.

I recommend reading through the first post first for most questions. However, if asked directly, I am more than willing to help unconfuse anyone lol, if I can do so.

ETA: It is not necessary to read every link in the first post. That can be overwhelming. The first links explain most details. The rest is set up to deal with more specific details.
    Last edited by ktani; February 15th, 2012 at 05:59 AM. Reason: ETA

Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

Thanks so much ktani! I have read through all the Q&A, but, as you say, it's a lot to take in. I was probably clicking on every link, then trying to retain all the information!

I'm attempting to lighten henna'd hair incidentally. The top few inches are less red, because I transitioned to a henna/cassia mix (left on for less than two hours) and the bottom is just henna (left on for three or four hours)
    It actually looks ok (although if I hold the ends to my scalp it's a totally different color!) but I'd like to lighten the whole lot if I can.

Thanks so much ktani! I have read through all the Q&A, but, as you say, it's a lot to take in. I was probably clicking on every link, then trying to retain all the information!

I'm attempting to lighten henna'd hair incidentally. The top few inches are less red, because I transitioned to a henna/cassia mix (left on for less than two hours) and the bottom is just henna (left on for three or four hours)
    It actually looks ok (although if I hold the ends to my scalp it's a totally different color!) but I'd like to lighten the whole lot if I can.
    You are very welcome.

The picture posts at the bottom of the first post also contain the recipes people used. Cinnamon is favoured in lightening henna. You can also use cardamom. Patch test both but remember that overusing cinnamon regardless of a patch test result can still cause sensitivity problems if too much is used.

See the Innovations link for great ideas by others on application tips and filtering a recipe with added spices reduces/eliminates the wash out grains result.

Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

Yes, I've already ploughed through the lot!
    I'm not risking cinnamon as I have a really sensitive scalp (I've previously had a lot of thyroid induced hair loss which always comes with a sore/itchy/burning scalp - which I still get even though my hair has stopped shedding - so I have to be careful.

I'm planning to add a small amount of EVOO though. I already use honey in my henna/cassia mix (on my roots) and cassia (which I put on the length while I do the roots), and luckily it's one of the recommended honeys (a basic honey from Sainsburys supermarket) so I'm all set!

I'm planning to try this tomorrow. I'm not expecting miracles from one treatment, but it'll be a start!

Yes, I've already ploughed through the lot!
    I'm not risking cinnamon as I have a really sensitive scalp (I've previously had a lot of thyroid induced hair loss which always comes with a sore/itchy/burning scalp - which I still get even though my hair has stopped shedding - so I have to be careful.

I'm planning to add a small amount of EVOO though. I already use honey in my henna/cassia mix (on my roots) and cassia (which I put on the length while I do the roots), and luckily it's one of the recommended honeys (a basic honey from Sainsburys supermarket) so I'm all set!

I'm planning to try this tomorrow. I'm not expecting miracles from one treatment, but it'll be a start!
    Good luck!