Quote Originally Posted by rstuart1 View Post
    Thanks for putting this up Ktani!
    You are very welcome.

Length
    CL/SL/TBL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Default Re: Honey thread - from TBB and bits from old LHC

This is all very interesting. I read the FAQ, but it didnt quite answer a question I have. (Or if it did I didnt register it Im too sleep deprived ).. I have several layers of black under henna, will honey affect the henna as well or is it too permanent to be greatly affected by the honey, in general? I dont mind if the henna ends up being lightened along with the black dye, Im just curious. I mostly would just like to lighten the midlentghs a bit to blend the colours a bit if such a thing were possible... Just trying to gather as much information as I can. This whole thread is amazing, if a little overwhelming to sift through... Thanks for any replies.
    Currently hating my hair

Length
    pixie/bsl/waist
    Type
    1c/F/i/ii

I'm taking the plunge! I combined 50g honey + 200g distilled water + 2 tsp cinnamon + 2 tsp cardamom + 1 tsp olive oil in a squirt bottle. I'm about to hop in the shower to wash my hair with a chelating shampoo, and then I'll apply the lot in sections and let it sit for two hours. Super excited!

Length
    pixie/bsl/waist
    Type
    1c/F/i/ii

Okay, so I just applied the mixture to my hair. I'm actually really shocked at how drippy it is! At first I tried putting a shower cap over my wet hair, but it just dripped out. Then I awkwardly wrapped plastic wrap around my head and covered it with a towel, which seems to have stopped the dripping, but it'll be kind of uncomfortable for two hours.

I'm really excited to see the results. I'm hoping to do six treatments over the next two weeks. Hopefully I'll get better at application and so on.

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Quote Originally Posted by Zefyra View Post
    This is all very interesting. I read the FAQ, but it didnt quite answer a question I have. (Or if it did I didnt register it Im too sleep deprived ).. I have several layers of black under henna, will honey affect the henna as well or is it too permanent to be greatly affected by the honey, in general? I dont mind if the henna ends up being lightened along with the black dye, Im just curious. I mostly would just like to lighten the midlentghs a bit to blend the colours a bit if such a thing were possible... Just trying to gather as much information as I can. This whole thread is amazing, if a little overwhelming to sift through... Thanks for any replies.
    This may help you, http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...4&postcount=44

Length
    pixie/bsl/waist
    Type
    1c/F/i/ii

I've rinsed my hair, and I'm now waiting for it to dry. First impressions: my hair feels THICK. After towel drying it's stayed in this big, wavy clumps. My hair hasn't done that in years. Maybe it's the honey residue?

I can't say I've noticed that my hair is lighter, but it's still wet. I asked my partner* and he says he thinks my hair is lighter, but he might just be humouring me.

A thought: what if I steeped chamomile flowers in the distilled water and used that in my next treatment? Would that help speed the lightening process?

I think next time I'll also use a lot more cinnamon, maybe 2 tbsp rather than 2 tsp.

* sorry, I can't stomach acronyms like DBF and DH

Quote Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
    I've rinsed my hair, and I'm now waiting for it to dry. First impressions: my hair feels THICK. After towel drying it's stayed in this big, wavy clumps. My hair hasn't done that in years. Maybe it's the honey residue?

I can't say I've noticed that my hair is lighter, but it's still wet. I asked my partner* and he says he thinks my hair is lighter, but he might just be humouring me.

A thought: what if I steeped chamomile flowers in the distilled water and used that in my next treatment? Would that help speed the lightening process?

I think next time I'll also use a lot more cinnamon, maybe 2 tbsp rather than 2 tsp.

* sorry, I can't stomach acronyms like DBF and DH
    Try chamomile separately. It is no longer recommended for honey lightening recipes for 2 reasons. 1 - it can leave a gold tone and 2 its pH can lower that of a recipe - a pH of 6 is best for a honey to produce its maximum peroxide level.

Length
    pixie/bsl/waist
    Type
    1c/F/i/ii

UPDATE: My hair still feels THICK! And it's definitely lighter. I plan on doing a treatment before each wash until it's light enough. Thank you so much for all your work, Ktani! I'm really grateful to have found this treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
    UPDATE: My hair still feels THICK! And it's definitely lighter. I plan on doing a treatment before each wash until it's light enough. Thank you so much for all your work, Ktani! I'm really grateful to have found this treatment.
    You are very welcome.