Results 4,981 to 4,990 of 5285

Thread: Honey thread - from TBB and bits from old LHC

I will eat all your tofu maborosi's Avatar
    Length
    16"/38.5"/55"
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Honey thread - from TBB and bits from old LHC

I've been wanting to try this for a while. I have some indigo in my hair, which I bleached over back in November and ended up with patches of green. I know some people who probably did a 1-step process were successful in taking some indigo out, but what about someone who did 2step processes?

I mixed cinnamon and conditioner together last night, covered my hair in it, then wrapped it and left it overnight. I swear some of my highlights got lighter... Plus, my hair is super soft, even though I'd used a harsh clarifying method to remove buildup.

~maborosi~

Length
    Pixie/Ear/N/A
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i

This was my first 'experiment' from the LHC vaults. DH almost had a laughing fit when I told him I was going to put honey (one of my most favorite foods) on my head. I measured everything out correctly, used an all natural dark honey, put a tbs of cinnamon and let the honey/cinnamon/distilled water mix sit for an hour. I then put it in the squirty bottles you use to dye your hair. I left it to sit for an hour. All I can remember thinking is 'I'm so glad I don't live near the woods, the bears would think I am food right now'. When I rinsed it out (btw, it took 2 days to get all of the cinnamon out, just a warning) my hair was a shade lighter AND very thick and wild feeling. I typically have thin hair so it was kind of cool but it really made my curly hair a wild mess.

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePenguin View Post
    This was my first 'experiment' from the LHC vaults. DH almost had a laughing fit when I told him I was going to put honey (one of my most favorite foods) on my head. I measured everything out correctly, used an all natural dark honey, put a tbs of cinnamon and let the honey/cinnamon/distilled water mix sit for an hour. I then put it in the squirty bottles you use to dye your hair. I left it to sit for an hour. All I can remember thinking is 'I'm so glad I don't live near the woods, the bears would think I am food right now'. When I rinsed it out (btw, it took 2 days to get all of the cinnamon out, just a warning) my hair was a shade lighter AND very thick and wild feeling. I typically have thin hair so it was kind of cool but it really made my curly hair a wild mess.
    How is your hair now? Have you washed and conditioned yet? You can filter a treatment before application so the cinnamon grains are not an issue.

Length
    Pixie/Ear/N/A
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i

On day two my hair was a lot better though I must say it felt kind of cool to have wildly thick feeling hair. I conditioned it with coconut oil. I wish I would of thought of straining it ^.^ that cinnamon drove me nuts, I kept scratching my head to try to get it to come out.

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePenguin View Post
    On day two my hair was a lot better though I must say it felt kind of cool to have wildly thick feeling hair. I conditioned it with coconut oil. I wish I would of thought of straining it ^.^ that cinnamon drove me nuts, I kept scratching my head to try to get it to come out.
    I am glad that the treatment worked for you and that your hair is ok now. The first post of this thread has other helpful tips linked too and other innovative ideas by members here.

Length
    pixie/bsl/waist
    Type
    1c/F/i/ii

So I'm considering trying honey lightening as a way to return to my virgin hair colour, and I have a few questions.

If you look at my profile, you'll see I colour my hair a level 8 copper. Naturally, I'm a very cool level 7 blonde, which means my regrowth is quite pronounced and looks greenish against the copper (I use regular chemical colour, fyi, not henna). I'm concerned all the colouring is making my hair loss worse, so I've resolved to go back to my natural colour this year.

My question is: is honey lightening a way to do this? Would it help cool down the copper colour at all? Is it problematic to use honey over a chemical dye?

My thoughts are I could try a honey treatment a week for a few weeks, and if I don't like it I could just put my regular copper colour back over it.

For those new to the thread with questions about honey lightening, please refer to the first post of this thread.

The topics there cover everything from choosing a honey, to honey and red tones, to factors that influence colour, to application of a treatment and more.

There are pictures at the bottom of the post on honey lightening on virgin, colour-treated, hennaed and henndigoed hair.

Length
    pixie/bsl/waist
    Type
    1c/F/i/ii

I read through all the links at the beginning of this thread and was still unclear on the questions I asked, as to whether it's appropriate to use honey lightening over chemical colour and whether honey lightening will cool down red tones. The answer at the beginning of hte thread just says honey won't *add* red tones.

Quote Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
    I read through all the links at the beginning of this thread and was still unclear on the questions I asked, as to whether it's appropriate to use honey lightening over chemical colour and whether honey lightening will cool down red tones. The answer at the beginning of hte thread just says honey won't *add* red tones.
    Honey lightening can take the hair through the natural lightening process of lightening any hair colour - black to brown to red to gold to blonde.

It has been reported to lighten/remove brassiness or gold from highlighted hair.

However, there are factors that influence changing an existing colour, whether it is artificial or natural, http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...postcount=2342.

The links in the first post are described by topic.

ETA: In other words it is possible in my opinion but the factors have to be taken into consideration. I cannot predict results.

ETA:2 Not as easily found on the topic you want but relevant, also from the first post, honey lightening successfully "removed" the red/gold tones produced by cassia. http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ad.php?t=13332

ETA:3 This is also under "Frequently asked about topics" - Honey lightening and red tones,
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...postcount=2340

I hope this helps you.
    Last edited by ktani; February 11th, 2012 at 06:10 AM. Reason: ETA and ETA:2 and 3

Length
    shldr/shldr/Waist
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Sitting here with another honey on my head , did henna over 2 weeks back, changing my next henna to Jamila, that's why I'm trying to get ride of some of henna to see how the Jamila will look like, I may have to do 2 more before this Thursday as that is the day I'm planning to put the Jamila henna on

I have very damaged hair from hair extensions, permanent hair straightening and chemically dyes, just started to take care of my hair recently, Dec.2011