Page 451 of 529 FirstFirst ... 351401441449450451452453461501 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,510 of 5285

Thread: Honey thread - from TBB and bits from old LHC

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Default Re: Honey thread - from TBB and bits from old LHC

Quote Originally Posted by YesitsReal View Post
    Quick question: Can you get lightening results just from adding honey and/or cinnamon to your regular shampoo or conditioner? If so, how long does it typically take to notice results?
    Not likely. Shampoo is not left on the hair long enough and it is not a good idea to do so. It can be drying if done.

Same with most use of conditioner. Honey slowly releases peroxide and some conditioners contain ingredients that can impede honey lightening. Conditioner is no longer recommended for honey lightening recipes.

The recommended time of a honey lightening recipe is 1 hour. Please see the first post of this thread.
    Last edited by ktani; September 30th, 2010 at 01:54 PM. Reason: spelling

Type
    1b/1c/F/M/i/ii

alright, so i just mixed up my first batch. i used filtered water [wasnt sure if this is the same as 'distilled'. its been sitting for awhile so...i just assumed?], then the market pantry honey in the bear, & a tbsp of EVOO.

i'm going to let it sit for an hour. but, it doesn't....look as if its going to mix well. obviously, since water & oil don't really mix, & all of the honey seems to be settling on the bottom. is this normal? ive never done one so it's just odd at the moment xD

Type
    1b/1c/F/M/i/ii

nevermind the question: i just realized that the honey dissolves into the water, or at least isnt chunky, after a few minutes.

tip for those that dont have a swim cap:
    i used ceran wrap to make it stay, then added a shower cap over that, PLUS, since it was still dripping, i put a beanie/skull cap on over that & surprise, its rather snug, just like a swim cap. so, its a good alternative if you dont have a swim cap
    im a bit sticky since the application was all over the place, but i'm excited for the results. i have about 40 minutes then im going to take a shower

❀☾ⓟᵃᵑᵈᵒᴿᵃ ℒᵒᵑᶢᶩᵒᶜᵏᶳ☽❁ princessp's Avatar
    Length
    27"/39"/42"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

I just wanted to say I got some success with 2 honey + cardamon treatments on hennaed hair. I didn't get any photos, but if I continue with this I will try to track and post my progress a little better for LHC.
    Pandora LongLocks of the Forbidden Treasure in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Quote Originally Posted by princessp View Post
    I just wanted to say I got some success with 2 honey + cardamon treatments on hennaed hair. I didn't get any photos, but if I continue with this I will try to track and post my progress a little better for LHC.
    Great news! I am happy that you are pleased. Pictures are not neccessary. However, they are always welcome here.

Type
    1b/1c/F/M/i/ii

well i can see a wee bit of lightening, when i stand in the natural light, since my bathroom light makes everything look darker. it's more coppery & lighter, but it wasn't drastic. But I didn't expect it to be.
    Today I'm doing another. I might take pictures & post them tomorrow to see if there is any difference

Quote Originally Posted by dainaleeo2 View Post
    well i can see a wee bit of lightening, when i stand in the natural light, since my bathroom light makes everything look darker. it's more coppery & lighter, but it wasn't drastic. But I didn't expect it to be.
    Today I'm doing another. I might take pictures & post them tomorrow to see if there is any difference
    It sounds like a good start. I look forward to your update.

Type
    1b/1c/F/M/i/ii

It really lightened considerably! i can tell that a lot of the red warmth from my demi-permanent is gone. in natural light it looks a lot lighter than it did before. i would say maybe it's lightened about a shade, which isn't a lot but its enough to slightly notice.

i noticed that it really does seem to take the brassy-ness out of hair, since my roots, which were slightly more warm i guess, now look more ash in color/tone, but thats fine with me. everything just looks a bit lighter all over.

Condition wise, my hair is nice. i just recently had a cut since the ends were rather thin, so its nice to see that it remained nice even after the 2 treatments. it felt softer, but i also deep conditioned so it might be a combo of the two? either way it didn't hurt it so that's all that matters to me :] no residue either, since i also did an ACV rinse to make sure, so no issues there!
    my camera isn't really working, so i hope that i'll be able to take pictures later in the week. if not, well, its still a success to me

Quote Originally Posted by dainaleeo2 View Post
    It really lightened considerably! i can tell that a lot of the red warmth from my demi-permanent is gone. in natural light it looks a lot lighter than it did before. i would say maybe it's lightened about a shade, which isn't a lot but its enough to slightly notice.

i noticed that it really does seem to take the brassy-ness out of hair, since my roots, which were slightly more warm i guess, now look more ash in color/tone, but thats fine with me. everything just looks a bit lighter all over.

Condition wise, my hair is nice. i just recently had a cut since the ends were rather thin, so its nice to see that it remained nice even after the 2 treatments. it felt softer, but i also deep conditioned so it might be a combo of the two? either way it didn't hurt it so that's all that matters to me :] no residue either, since i also did an ACV rinse to make sure, so no issues there!
    my camera isn't really working, so i hope that i'll be able to take pictures later in the week. if not, well, its still a success to me
    Thank you for updating.

Wonderful news on both fronts, the colour and the condition of your hair! For removing honey residue, while vinegar can help, shampoo has been reported to work the best.

If you were using an ACV rinse, it is known to add a reddish or golden tint to the hair. That may account for your roots being more golden before. White vinegar is preferred by blondes to avoid that and it works equally well.

It is acetic acid at work, no matter what kind of vinegar you buy. Coloured vinegars can alter hair colour somewhat. Just make sure the vinegar you buy has a 5% acetic content. Otherwise, you will need to dilute it much more than with the usual percentage of acetic acid in vinegars which is 5%, http://ktanihairsense.blogspot.com/2...ar-rinses.html.

Honey lightening has not been reported to damage hair, no matter many treatments are done, over how many hours, or how often they are done.
    Last edited by ktani; October 7th, 2010 at 07:08 AM. Reason: clarification

Length
    SL/Class/?
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Glad you got good results, dainaleeo2!

Something I've been wondering: does everyone's hair actually stay wet, or do you wet it continously during the treatment? Because I've done a few treatments without seeing any real, noticeable lightening, and while it may be that the honey I'm using doesn't have a high enough peroxide value, I was wondering if the reason could be that every time I go to take of my swim cap and rinse my hair, it's almost dry. I don't know how to keep my hair from drying. I guess I could make some extra honey mixture and wet it down a few more times, but it's a whole procedure getting the swimcap over my hair and once it's on, I don't really want to take it off.

So, how do you guys do it?