Results 991 to 1,000 of 5285

Thread: Honey thread - from TBB and bits from old LHC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Default Honey thread

Quote Originally Posted by naturechild View Post
    oh I forgot to add I dont use all of the chamomile tea or cinn. I use just enough to do the 4-1 and save the rest. WOW I made it sound like I put 1/4 a cup if cinn. on my hair goodness what would that DO?
    naturechild

Thank you for the clarification - I did wonder about the ground cinnamon but different people have different tolerances for ingredients.

With the 4 parts water to 1 part honey dilution - corrected version - I think that you will find that you can use less cinnamon than you have previously used and still get good results.
    Last edited by ktani; June 27th, 2008 at 12:04 PM. Reason: adjust text

Length
    9/26/?
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Okay here are my pictures,

I only have dark light in my pics from my last session with cinnamon, that's why I am adding lighter light and darker light pics from every session so you can have a better idea of what I am getting here.

After first session with honey, distilled water and evoo:

Dark light:

Lighter light:

Second session using the same recipe:

Dark light:

Lighter light (i had some jojoba oil in my hair, but I think it did not affect how the color looked)

Last session using cinnamon & chamomile instead plain distilled water:

Sorry I only have dark light today was cloudy here:

I am not posting previous pics, because the colour of my hair was exactly or pretty much the same as the one after my first session and all of the pics I have you cannot really see in detail the hair itself. Sorry about that ;-(

What do you think???

Default Honey thread

Quote Originally Posted by Zenity View Post
    Okay here are my pictures,

I only have dark light in my pics from my last session with cinnamon, that's why I am adding lighter light and darker light pics from every session so you can have a better idea of what I am getting here.

After first session with honey, distilled water and evoo:

Dark light:

Lighter light:

Second session using the same recipe:

Dark light:

Lighter light (i had some jojoba oil in my hair, but I think it did not affect how the color looked)

Last session using cinnamon & chamomile instead plain distilled water:

Sorry I only have dark light today was cloudy here:

I am not posting previous pics, because the colour of my hair was exactly or pretty much the same as the one after my first session and all of the pics I have you cannot really see in detail the hair itself. Sorry about that ;-(

What do you think???
    Zenity

Thank you for the pictures and recipes.

I know that others have used darker and lighter light but IMO only the lighter light is necessary and helpful to properly see the colour of the hair.

Also please clarify if the results here are fom you now no longer boiling cinnamon.

By boiling cinnamon - any results IMO would be from the distilled water, honey and evoo only.

And did you use the 4 to 1 corrected dilution in ml or for example 1 1/2 cups of water to 1/4 cup honey?

It looks as if your hair is progressively lightening - please try to take the lighter light pictures in the same light.

Length
    9/26/?
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ktani View Post
    Zenity

Thank you for the pictures and recipes.

I know that others have used darker and lighter light but IMO only the lighter light is necessary and helpful to properly see the colour of the hair.

Also please clarify if the results here are fom you now no longer boiling cinnamon.

By boiling cinnamon - any results IMO would be from the distilled water, honey and evoo only.

And did you use the 4 to 1 corrected dilution in ml or for example 1 1/2 cups of water to 1/4 cup honey?

It looks as if your hair is progressively lightening - please try to take the lighter light pictures in the same light.
    Ktani,

In my first 2 sessions i used 25ml of honey per 100ml of distilled water and added a tblsp of evoo.
    After my first session I did not notice any change in color, after the second slightly in the existing highlights of my hair and starting to show a bit of redish.

In my last session the only change i made to the previous recipe was, as posted before, boiling the distilled water to use in the recipe with a cinnamon stick and chamomille.
    This definetelly changed the color of my hair, making it look more uniform and darker than it was after the 2nd session of honey.

I have been taking pictures at the same time of the day at the same place of the house, but, sunlight is tricky. In my lastest pics, no matter how hard I tried, it was impossible to make them lighter than they are.

Default Honey thread

Ktani,

In my first 2 sessions i used 25ml of honey per 100ml of distilled water and added a tblsp of evoo.
    After my first session I did not notice any change in color, after the second slightly in the existing highlights of my hair and starting to show a bit of redish.

In my last session the only change i made to the previous recipe was, as posted before, boiling the distilled water to use in the recipe with a cinnamon stick and chamomille.
    This definetelly changed the color of my hair, making it look more uniform and darker than it was after the 2nd session of honey.

I have been taking pictures at the same time of the day at the same place of the house, but, sunlight is tricky. In my lastest pics, no matter how hard I tried, it was impossible to make them lighter than they are.
    Zenity

I understand the difficulty with lighting - just do the best you can.

I appreciate your efforts.

I suggest just using 200 ml room temperature distilled water, add 50 ml of honey, then 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon, after you have patch tested + 1 tablspoon evoo.

And no heat applied to the recipe at any point or its ingredients.

I also suggest trying a different honey - See the Successful Honeys List, #1, in the recommendations post, in my signature.

It may be that the honey you are using could be replaced by a better one.

Length
    9/26/?
    Type
    1b/M/ii

A quick question maybe answered before:

How often can you do the honey lightening? Is there any limit or time to respect between sessions?

Thanks!

Length
    9/26/?
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Ktani, I think you have not seen this before:

A quick question maybe answered before:

How often can you do the honey lightening? Is there any limit or time to respect between sessions?

Thanks!

Default Honey thread

Ktani, I think you have not seen this before:
    Zenity

Sorry, I did miss that.

You can honey lighten IMO, as often as you wish - the limit is entirely up to you.

Honey lightening has not been reported to cause hair damage.

Length
    9/26/?
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Ktani,

Thanks a lot for your fast response.
    I will follow your suggestion for my next session and see how it goes adding cinnamon to my hair.
    BTW, as chamomile is known to add golden tones to the hair, does cinammon add any special range of color? or just bleaches the hair by the perioxide produced?

Thanks again for your time, dedication and patience with us!

Default Honey thread

Zenity

My pleasure.

I did address this previously, but unboiled ground cinnamon has not been reported to add any colour to the hair in honey lightening, in spite of net articles to the contrary.
    Last edited by ktani; June 27th, 2008 at 06:57 PM. Reason: spelling