Thread: Honey thread - from TBB and bits from old LHC

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Default Honey thread

Quote Originally Posted by Alley Cat View Post
    I did my 3rd honey treatment today 1/4 cup of honey, 1 cup of chamomile tea, 1 tab cinnamon, 1 tab EVOO and left for over an hour and a 1/2. I don't see a change in colour , but when I asked husband if it looks lighter than when I first had it coloured he said yes it does. He thinks it is just probably fading from washing though. It's hard to say really with hair this colour , he said it's not as black as it was looking when you first coloured it
    I had a lot of trouble getting the cinnamon out which I didn't happen when I used conditioner in fact the cinnamon mixed well in the conditioner but not well in the water mix , it was lumpy . I got out of the shower to discover bits still through out my hair, so I combed it and poured more water on it and combed again . A real pain it was.
    I was wondering if I continued with the chamomile tea if I could add the cinnamon to the hot water while it's brewing to see if that would make it mix in better. I don't know whether it would or whether that would affect how the cinnamon works as a lightening agent. ?
    I can't get cardamon I looked in the supermarket and in a health food shop and there was none and I bought a couple of bags of cinnamon.
    Alley Cat

Thank you for the update.

It sounds as if your colour is changing somewhat.

You could try a different honey - a dark coloured honey blend.

The chamomile tea must be cooled to room temperature before addiing the honey or the cinnamon and EVOO - high heat negatively affects the peroxide.

As an experiment just now, I added cinnamon to cold water, and stirred with a spoon - yes it was a bit lumpy - then I added honey - and stirred again - no lumps - the solution was smooth.

I do not know what a "tab" is.

I did not measure the cinnamon or honey - but I used enough of both to get a strong cinnamon honey - solution - and it turned out smooth.

I suggest adding the honey first to room temperature tea only - then the cinnamon - stir well - then add the EVOO.

You could try to get ground cardamom at Indian or Middle Eastern food stores - it is used in Middle Eastern and Indian food.

I recommend patch testing it first.
    Last edited by ktani; May 28th, 2008 at 02:26 PM. Reason: spelling