Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Wash - Has Anyone Tried It?

Length
    shldr/hip/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: New Wash - Has Anyone Tried It?

I tried this a few years ago, and I liked it, and even bought a re-fill. I stopped using it because I found something that works even better for me, and that can be purchased more easily.
    It was expensive, but I actually used it diluted because it was really heavy stuff and was easier to work in my hair and scalp when diluted with water. So that made it go further. My hair was also much shorter then. The version I used was the regular one and it cleaned my scalp and hair well. I also bought the leave-in balm, which was nothing to write home about IMHO.

Length
    Pixie/Waist/Hip?
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Wingspan View Post
    I tried this a few years ago, and I liked it, and even bought a re-fill. I stopped using it because I found something that works even better for me, and that can be purchased more easily.
    It was expensive, but I actually used it diluted because it was really heavy stuff and was easier to work in my hair and scalp when diluted with water. So that made it go further. My hair was also much shorter then. The version I used was the regular one and it cleaned my scalp and hair well. I also bought the leave-in balm, which was nothing to write home about IMHO.
    Ooo interesting! What's the new one you like more? I probably won't be buying another product like this unless I really love it by the time I've finished the whole bag. I'm curious about how you diluted it. How much did you diluted it? Did you use a pump for the product? I know they give them with subscriptions, which I didn't bother with
    P̶i̶x̶i̶e̶,̶ ̶C̶h̶i̶n̶,̶ ̶S̶L̶,̶ ̶C̶B̶L̶,̶ ̶A̶P̶L̶,̶ ̶B̶S̶L̶,̶ ̶W̶L̶!̶!̶ ....on to hip?

Length
    shldr/hip/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

I just diluted randomly, perhaps one third water and two thirds product.. But I can't recall exactly, plus I never measured anyway.. I just went by feel. I did have the pump bottle.

My absolute favorite products that I have been using for a few years now, are from the Finnish brand Saaren Taika ("island magic") and specifically I love their Sea buckthorn-calendula SLS-free shampoo and conditioner. I use others from them too but these are my favorites. They are expensive products too, and sadly shipping abroad would be super expensive.. But this stuff cured my itchy, flaky scalp and same for DD who had really bad dandruff and itchiness. I have been able to go for much longer between washes, and still my scalp doesn't itch. And my hair is fresh and fluffy after washing

Length
    Pixie/Waist/Hip?
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

I'm so glad you found something that works for you!! Itchiness is the worst, finding something that soothes the scalp is a real lifeboat!

I may try diluting it, that would make it easier to apply I bet. Thanks for the tip
    P̶i̶x̶i̶e̶,̶ ̶C̶h̶i̶n̶,̶ ̶S̶L̶,̶ ̶C̶B̶L̶,̶ ̶A̶P̶L̶,̶ ̶B̶S̶L̶,̶ ̶W̶L̶!̶!̶ ....on to hip?

Length
    Pixie/Waist/Hip?
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

I am back yet again, just documenting how this is going. Yesterday was exactly 4 weeks on New Wash, so I did a clarifying wash. I washed on a pretty irregular schedule, but with 8 washes, I averaged two wash days a week. A lot of this was due to having busy, sweaty days or wanting to restyle my hair.

'New Wash' wash dates:
    4/13, 4/17, 4/20, 4/22, 4/27, 5/1, 5/3, 5/9*
    Clarify wash 5/11

On my last wash before clarifying, I decided to try a deep oil treatment to see how much I could get out with just New Wash. I heavily oiled my scalp and ends in my own mix of olive, castor, jojoba, and safflower oil which I infuse with fresh rosemary before use. I did not expect to be able to get it out, but I pretty easily removed about 80-90% of the oil! I tried the tip that Wingspan suggested and diluted the New Wash into the travel size container they provide. I used the same amount of product as usual (about three fingers length) and added hot water. It was easy to apply this way! I use the rich version, which is made for dry hair, they do have a version for oily hair, which may have done better at removing the oil treatment. Overall though, it looked just fine, and I planned it before the clarifying wash just incase.

For the clarifying wash, I did another oil treatment (because hey, why not, I'll be doing a deep cleanse). I let that sit for 4 hours before my shower. I did a K18 treatment between my shampoo and conditioner. I've been worried to use K18 with New Wash because it definitely seems like it would interfere in the same way as applying conditioner before the mask? I'm not sure, but I'm in the maintaining period for every 4 weeks is just fine.

After this wash, my hair feels squeaky clean, but it doesn't really feel better than New Wash. I quite liked the way my hair felt with it, and I'll continue to keep trucking through my container until it's empty (unless something goes wrong!)