Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Do you collect your shed hair????

Length
    APL/FTL/TERM
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: Do you collect your shed hair????

Quote Originally Posted by embee View Post
    My goodness, tuanyiji!

I do collect my sheds, but only to cut up and sprinkle in my garden.
    LOL I hand-tied my shed hair into weaves, they will then be sewn into clips so I can use them as clip in extensions as accent braids for my retro styles. It’s a win win situation.
    107cm 1b/C/10.2cm Fingercomb/Bun/Water-only No-Trim/Elastic/Heat
    [Youtube][Instagram][Fun with Flowers][Shed Hair Hand-tie Project][ABC Hairstyle Challenge]

Length
    BSL/HL/SDL
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Someone somewhere linked me to IG @haircollectionqueen, and after marveling at her meticulousness and the total weirdness of it all, I decided to try her method.

I have collected my sheds for years, but only as matted clumps from my brush.

Her method is sticking the sheds one by one to a strip of double-sided tape. They are collected from the brush after brushing, or I just find them lying around or on my pants and I stick them on the tape on the wall.

It's quite time-consuming and at times a bit frustrating, especially as my hairs are so fine that it's going to take an eternity to get a substantial ponytail, but when you see the results it's pretty rewarding.

We'll see how long I have the patience to do this. I have done it more or less regularly since January, and I have about a USB cord amount of hair collected.

A friend once told me that my collection of shed matted hair was the weirdest thing she had ever seen in anyone's home, but I think the new hairy wall-hanging in my hallway takes the cake
    Last edited by sarana; May 2nd, 2024 at 06:32 PM.
    I'm fine
    Lady Sarana, Ranger of the Eastern Hills in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

Length
    Chin/BCL/CL

Had started of this year by collecting sheds, but the depression made me loose interest.
    I'm thinking I will start again in june or july. Possibly from scratch, so already collected hairs will be thrown away.
    Lady Moon of the forests of wonderland, in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights
    🧜On instagram: yareach_lhc

Length
    ??/Ankle/Floor
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by sarana View Post
    Her method is sticking the sheds one by one to a strip of double-sided tape. They are collected from the brush after brushing, or I just find them lying around or on my pants and I stick them on the tape on the wall.
    I think I've seen that! When I have the time and patience, I hope to start straightening out my brush clumps. I'll probably use tape as a base, since I figure it's the easiest way to keep everything neat.

Right now I just have a bunch of clumps that I've stuffed in a drawer. Hoping no one finds said drawer because it will probably scare them...
    Wishing you all love, joy, and peace!

Length
    BSL/HL/SDL
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by LongHairFaerie View Post

Right now I just have a bunch of clumps that I've stuffed in a drawer. Hoping no one finds said drawer because it will probably scare them...
    Yep well as I said before I also have a bunch of clumps in my drawer and my friend said it was weird AF x)

But I'm rolling with the weirdness
    I'm fine
    Lady Sarana, Ranger of the Eastern Hills in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

Random Thought Provoker nicolezoie's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/floor/Dunno
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii/iii

I do, but not for any other purpose than to keep it out of the vacuum or the dog's BMs. I call those "bad hair days"
    It usually is either a wad from a brush or a comb, stuffed into a coffee tin under the sink, which gets dumped every few years. Interestingly, over the duration of the collection period, those clumps have gotten slightly lighter in overall color, but not from gray. I'm still mostly dark with temples starting to coming in silver.
    2a/b, iii (just over 4") and f/m.
    Pixie to ... is it floor now?? I guess so! 20 total years.
    Seen "Tangled"? That's my hair. . I'm even in the Special Thanks section of the credits!