Quote Originally Posted by endlessly View Post
I haven't applied straight bleach to my hair in ages, but I did do a "bleach wash" a few years back to lighten my hair after a disastrous dye job, so I have a few tips I can recommend that worked really well for me and also a few that really didn't. Before I even attempted the bleach wash, I did a few deep conditioning treatments in preparation. My hair wasn't dry by any means and it certainly wasn't brittle and lacking protein, but I threw in as much moisture and protein as I could just to be on the safe side. Also, as much as I didn't like the though, I had to accept that there would be some damage because honestly, you can't use a product like bleach without causing some sort of harm to your hair.

Now, when it comes to caring for your hair after bleaching, you need to do the following: reduce washes, limit heat, add moisture/protein, and most importantly, treat it like it's glass. Because of how drying bleach can be, reducing how frequently you wash your hair will help your natural oils repair and nourish your hair and scalp. Same goes for limiting heat. There's no faster way of guaranteeing split ends and breakage than introducing a flat iron to freshly bleached hair - trust me, I've seen it happen and it really is not pretty! When you do need to wash, use a moisturizing treatment if your hair feels dry or a protein treatment if it's starting to feel brittle and break more easily. And lastly, be gentle with it. When I say "treat it like glass", I really mean that. Bleached hair is incredibly easy to snap, split, break, you name it, so as long as you're being gentle and taking care of it, you shouldn't have an issue.

Depending on how light you're wanting to go with your hair, you'll possibly have more damage to contend with, so if you're wanting a bleach blonde look, I'd recommend waiting a while between each bleaching just to see how your hair does. I wouldn't recommend bleaching it once, drying it, then reapplying to lighten it anymore - your hair will definitely fry that way! Best of luck and hopefully everything works out for you!
I haven't shampooed my hair in over 3 days Well I did a light diluted shampoo this morning bc it was extremely grubby after not washing for so long. My hair is very moisturized and the oil sitting in it right now feels really nice too

The big mistake I made when I had pastel hair (bleached white base) was shampooing too often... But now I hardly shampoo and usually it's with diluted shampoo. I don't use heat on my hair so that's good

And yep, I've had really damaged bleached hair before that pretty much broke apart if I pulled it too hard. -_-

Thanks!! I'll keep this updated !!