Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    8/30/40
    Type
    1b/M/C/iii

Default Going BLONDE for the summer!!

****UPDATE!!! SUCCESS!!!! ***** Scroll to bottom of post for pics

Earlier last month I decided I wanted to try out two streaks in my hair... and I did that this morning BUT! It didn't turn out as I liked (I used a Splat dye kit) and might just go completely blonde. I want to do an ombre so my roots are still dark and I won't have to re-dye much
    EDIT: Oops I meant to say that I want to do an ombre once the roots grow out, as I think the process would be way easier to do reversed LOL

I still want to grow my hair long and keep it as healthy as possible.

I've read a few tricks to keep hair protected while bleaching and one of them was to put coconut oil in the hair and let it soak for a few hours/overnight before bleaching. I'll be doing that probably tonight!

I know I'll probably be stuck with orange blonde for a while, since I'm asian, but I've always wanted to try out an ombre and I'm pretty experienced with bleach and hair coloring

Do you lady have any tips regarding bleaching and keeping hair protected?

I'll post pictures and update the thread once I've done the deed !!!

Crossing my fingers it doesn't turn out too bad HAHA

-

***UPDATE***
    The deed has been done!
    I pre-soaked my hair in [a ton of] coconut oil for about 2 hours, bleached my ends and length with 30vol + bleach + red/gold color cancelling additive.
    Then I bleached my roots and any missed darker patches with 10vol+bleach.
    Then I toned with another packet of red/gold color cancelling additive.
    Here is everything I used and my results!!

My hair was a tiny bit damp still so it looks darker in the back. The lighter strip is from where I had my streak. It doesn't feel damaged, so I COULD bleach all over once more with 10vol to achieve the lightness of that streak all around, but I'll probably wait to do that (if I do.)

Damp braid. My hair has random layers due to a bad experience with thinning shears LOL. As you can see, there is no breakage or hay consistency. My hair naturally never gets split ends but has a coarse-ish texture.

Overall, I HIGHLY recommend using coconut oil before coloring hair. It's like magic... I'm so surprised by my results. Eventually I plan on MAYBE lightening the length once more, then making my roots a gradient so that I can keep growing my hair and develop an ombre effect.
    Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by Alien Girl; June 26th, 2015 at 04:56 PM.