Length
    <2"/~clsc/uhh..
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Default Re: <<< COMMON QUESTIONS, ISSUES, and HOW-TOs >>>

Questions:

Quote Originally Posted by Question 1
    "What can I do if I have an issue with a post someone wrote?"
    If you find a post where you may think it violates a rule or guideline (even a simple one), it offends you, or you want to bring it to the moderation team's attention, you can report it.

Below each post you will find this button: If you click on it you will be given a field to write a reason for reporting the post, then a button to submit the report. All reports are private and simply serve to bring something to our attention. There is no harm in reporting a post.

Quote Originally Posted by Question 2
    I reported something, but nothing was done! What happened?
    This is a relatively common follow-up to the answer to Question 1. All reports are discussed by the moderation team. If an action is taken on the part of the moderation team, it is confidential between them and the member in question. Not seeing action taken does not mean action was not taken. There are instances that may have visible action such as changing a hotlinked image in a post into a simple link to comply with our Image Posting Guidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by Question 3
    What are infractions?
    Infractions are used as a penalty system on the boards as a result of some form of violation or repeat offense. All infractions are discussed by the moderation team prior to being given. They are private between the moderation team and the member in question.

Quote Originally Posted by Question 4
    I no longer like my user name. Can I change it?
    We do not grant user name changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Question 5
    Can you delete my blog?
    We do not delete blogs for users. This can be very time consuming and all of the moderators are volunteers. You are welcome to delete your blog posts as you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Question 6
    I'm not sure where to find the answer to my problem. What can I do?
    Great question! Try one of the following items depending on your situation:

1. If it is an issue with a site feature, check the Site Support forum first. There may have already been a thread about your particular question. Feel welcome to post your question if you could not find an answer to it.
    2. If it is a personal issue or step 1 didn't work, send a Private Message (PM) to a moderator.
    3. If you cannot use the PM system, email us!

Quote Originally Posted by Question 7
    Can I ask members to vote for a contest or something similar on another website? What about asking for monetary donations for something? How about asking to participate in research I'm doing for a school or work project?
    This is a good question, and one that we see come up from time to time. While we are sure anything related to the above type of scenario is done with wonderfully good intentions, our Terms of Service (Item 4. Post Content) prohibit solicitation and fundraising.

Quote Originally Posted by Question 8
    What do all the abbreviations mean?
    Here is a great resource that will tell you what many of the abbreviations you'll see around the boards mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Question 9
    What is my hair type and why would I want to know it?
    Knowing your hair type helps to see if something that works for another person with a similar hair type can also work for you.

To help you figure that out, try starting with our Visual Hairtyping Guide!
    Last edited by Gumball; January 11th, 2016 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Updated ToS links.