Page 2 of 273 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Entertaining Hair Conversations: Let's share!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    APL/APL+/WL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Default Re: Entertaining Hair Conversations: Let's share!

^^
    that's funny, my mom was disgusted when I told her about just washing the roots, instead of scrubbing the shampoo down my length.
    5 inches to hip!

My mom doesn't think giving up shampoo is "gross." But she supports what she doesn't understand.
    This morning in church my friend, who is really busy with homeschooling 3 kids, said to me "I haven't read your whole thing, but I'm going to wash my hair with the soap!" I made a hair kit last week with castile soap, citric acid, a leave-in, homemade curl spray, and oils. I sent her an email with a bunch of info, which she has had to read bit by bit because she's too busy. But it's cute how excited she is. She wants to do cassia with me sometime. Neither of us has yet; it will be fun.

Length
    23"/Waist/Waist
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii/iii

Wildcat, I'm so sorry to hijack your thread, but I am trying to PM you and your inbox is too full. Would you clear some space? Thank you! :-)
    2a/b - m/c - ii/iii

23 - 24 - 25 - 26 - 27 - 28 - 29 - Waist!

has notorious buns Wildcat Diva's Avatar
    some kind of hunting lodge for rich weirdos
    Length
    16/35/real
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Fae View Post
    Wildcat, I'm so sorry to hijack your thread, but I am trying to PM you and your inbox is too full. Would you clear some space? Thank you! :-)
    Dang it. I always do that. Sorry, I took care of it.

The Naughty Mess says.... Seeshami's Avatar
    Length
    4/51.5/Until
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Omg I wish I had just recorded the conversation I just had about Hatious and how AspenSong wants to steal and murder him so I no longer have an amazingly huge hat.

The naughty mess says, "I plead innocent!"
    Should have kept your snaggles off the keyboard and plead the 5th.

Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I just have to rant today. There is a class im taking in holistic medicine, massage, and anatomy and there is a woman in there who is a hairdresser. Before I begin, let me just mention, she is a VERY nice woman, about 39, and this is no way a hateful rant. It just kinda irked me and I was a little embarrassed so I need to get it out. So we are sitting there in class learning about hair and skin and things for this one chapter in our book and my professor was asking what we thought would make hair grow healthy and things and we just got on that topic of hair health. Now, granted, my hair is always up in class so noone can really see my hair. And I respond with how oils like olive oil and almond oil how have helped my hair and yaddya yaddya. Well, this one girl across from me goes " you put those items in your hair???gross" and i respond with " yes, along with henna dye and alma and ect ect" and she looked back at me and said " lets ask the hairdresser then" so before I could even say anything, everyone looks at the hairdresser and she responds with " those oils will not help your hair. You need to put Keratin back into your hair if you want it healthy. and Henna? Henna is a salt and will RUIN your hair. You need a treatment to seal the cutcile with keratin"

Now, by the point, im tempted to just let my hair down and say " oh really..." but I didnt. I just kinda sat there and my professor made a little joke and said " yes hairdressers always know the best"
    It just really irked me. She has horribly damaged Blondish Brown Hair that you can actually see the heat and dye damage from sitting next to her, its that bad. Its not a little damage. its ALOT and her ends are very very tapered and about BSL when flat ironed. But I know its not her fault because she is nice and thats what shes been taught by society.

But it just irked me. Ever since using herbs and oils on my hair, and eating a veggie diet, my hair has NEVER been healthier.

Rant over . lol

Length
    MBL/Waist/Thigh
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MotherofJames View Post
    I just have to rant today. There is a class im taking in holistic medicine, massage, and anatomy and there is a woman in there who is a hairdresser. Before I begin, let me just mention, she is a VERY nice woman, about 39, and this is no way a hateful rant. It just kinda irked me and I was a little embarrassed so I need to get it out. So we are sitting there in class learning about hair and skin and things for this one chapter in our book and my professor was asking what we thought would make hair grow healthy and things and we just got on that topic of hair health. Now, granted, my hair is always up in class so noone can really see my hair. And I respond with how oils like olive oil and almond oil how have helped my hair and yaddya yaddya. Well, this one girl across from me goes " you put those items in your hair???gross" and i respond with " yes, along with henna dye and alma and ect ect" and she looked back at me and said " lets ask the hairdresser then" so before I could even say anything, everyone looks at the hairdresser and she responds with " those oils will not help your hair. You need to put Keratin back into your hair if you want it healthy. and Henna? Henna is a salt and will RUIN your hair. You need a treatment to seal the cutcile with keratin"

Now, by the point, im tempted to just let my hair down and say " oh really..." but I didnt. I just kinda sat there and my professor made a little joke and said " yes hairdressers always know the best"
    It just really irked me. She has horribly damaged Blondish Brown Hair that you can actually see the heat and dye damage from sitting next to her, its that bad. Its not a little damage. its ALOT and her ends are very very tapered and about BSL when flat ironed. But I know its not her fault because she is nice and thats what shes been taught by society.

But it just irked me. Ever since using herbs and oils on my hair, and eating a veggie diet, my hair has NEVER been healthier.

Rant over . lol
    Oh jeez, just reading about this pissed me off. How can anyone possibly truthfully say with a straight face that "everyone's hair needs keratin only and those oils will work on literally nobody" - like, really? Try telling that to the Yao women in China who have literally the most impressive hair I've ever seen and all they use is fermented rice water. Pretty sure they'd have a nice chuckle at your precious keratin.

Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Talking Re: Entertaining Hair Conversations: Let's share!

Thank you @Aredhel! Yeah I was just so irked driving home because I felt like such a dummy in class, but the irony of it is that two women were giving me tips and being negative towards me.. and they have hair thats in horrible condition! ohhhh the irony. lol.

That rice water comment is very interesting. Im totally going to youtube that right now and try it this weekend! I love stuff like that! Thanks!!

Length
    MBL/Waist/Thigh
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Thank you @Aredhel! Yeah I was just so irked driving home because I felt like such a dummy in class, but the irony of it is that two women were giving me tips and being negative towards me.. and they have hair thats in horrible condition! ohhhh the irony. lol.

That rice water comment is very interesting. Im totally going to youtube that right now and try it this weekend! I love stuff like that! Thanks!!
    At least you know for yourself how utterly wrong they are, and you all have the hair to show for that.
    If you're interested in giving fermented rice water a go, there's a thread dedicated to that here (clicky)! I've been meaning to try it myself, but I have quite a few products to go through first before I try my hand at something completely new.

Rant over . lol

I just can't think of a more appropriate situation for a bun drop.
    ...maybe 1 minute later, sitting in the chair...
    let it down...maybe a 2 handed thoughtful scalp fluff with a little head shake after...
    not a word spoken...then slowly re-bun it and carry on...

Next class maybe ?
    Life is too short - Embrace each day for the gift that it is