Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Share pictures of your split ends

Length
    PX/CL/KL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Share pictures of your split ends

Quote Originally Posted by MissHair View Post
    I agree! I can do years worth if damage in just half an hour!

Yes I looked into silk pillowcases the other week. I absolutely cannot stand to wear bonnets at night. I get overheated, my ears hurt ect. Do you recommend any special pillowcase? My problem is sliding off them at night. I wish the underside was cotton/linnen and the upperside was silk, that way the pillow would stick better to my sheets. Do you know if there is such a two-side pillowcase?
    Hmm, not that I've seen. I've had mine for a couple of years and never had an issue with falling off of it, or having it slide around my bed (the weight of my head and being pinned under me helps there, ) The biggest issue I have with mine is that it slides around on the pillow instead. I bought mine from a bed and bathroom store where I live, but I think the next one I buy will have a zip closure as opposed to the envelope style that's so common for pillowcases. It can't slip around if my pillow's zipped in there! So, if I was going to suggest anything, it would probably be that. If you can, find one with a zipper. And yeah, naturally, you don't have to go with silk. Satin is cheaper, works and looks exactly the same.
    ~~ Classic ~~ Fingertip ~~ Knee ~~ ? ~~

Length
    MBL/MBL/KNEE

Welp, this is what I see every time I brush my hair while it's straightened. I'm babying my ends as much as I can, but those last few inches are still severely bleach compromised (those are the parts that I put sun-in on years ago. NEVER AGAIN.)

As you'll observe, the splits just break off on their own, which is why I'm more concerned about SS knots when S&D-ing. It's amazing really, that the ends are as intact as they are. A good even trim is definitely in my future.

(Side note, silk is a type of fabric, satin is a type of weave. Satin can be woven from any fabric, but only silk is silk.)
    MBL~WL~HL~TBL~ FTL~ KNEE

Learn more. Know less. foreveryours's Avatar
    Length
    ./71"/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ETJ CURLS View Post
    Welp, this is what I see every time I brush my hair while it's straightened. I'm babying my ends as much as I can, but those last few inches are still severely bleach compromised (those are the parts that I put sun-in on years ago. NEVER AGAIN.)

As you'll observe, the splits just break off on their own, which is why I'm more concerned about SS knots when S&D-ing. It's amazing really, that the ends are as intact as they are. A good even trim is definitely in my future.

(Side note, silk is a type of fabric, satin is a type of weave. Satin can be woven from any fabric, but only silk is silk.)
    Somehow, jute satin just sounds so wrong
    scalp > SL > MBL > TBL > FTL > KNEE > KNEE+

Length
    MBL/MBL/KNEE

Found this while S&Ding. It's amazing how far up this one was.
    MBL~WL~HL~TBL~ FTL~ KNEE

Length
    ??/Ankle/Floor
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ETJ CURLS View Post

Found this while S&Ding. It's amazing how far up this one was.
    I get a strange sort of satisfaction finding those "far-up" splits and trimming them off. It's bad that they're there because *damage*, but at the same time they give variety to my split ends.

Is that weird?

Length
    12/28.35/40
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

I NEED TO GO TO REHAB!

I will have nightmares for the rest of my life. ;( Just kidding. I don't have split ends at the moment, I cut them off.

Length
    Pixie/Waist/Hip?
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

I also love finding splits high up! Though I'll admit. They always make me super nervous that ALL of my strands are truly split and I can't even tell... because it's traveled up so far. What if every strand I think is its own is actually a long split hair???

I think about it a lot. Truly, in my own hair, I can kind of recognize when a strand is split, even far up, it just... doesn't look right
    P̶i̶x̶i̶e̶,̶ ̶C̶h̶i̶n̶,̶ ̶S̶L̶,̶ ̶C̶B̶L̶,̶ ̶A̶P̶L̶,̶ ̶B̶S̶L̶,̶ ̶W̶L̶!̶!̶ ....on to hip?

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

So I haven't been active in a while, but I've taken pictures of the funny splits I've found during this time.

The triple split.

And the "long split".

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Pixie/Waist/Hip?
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

Those are some exciting splits!
    P̶i̶x̶i̶e̶,̶ ̶C̶h̶i̶n̶,̶ ̶S̶L̶,̶ ̶C̶B̶L̶,̶ ̶A̶P̶L̶,̶ ̶B̶S̶L̶,̶ ̶W̶L̶!̶!̶ ....on to hip?

Length
    MBL/MBL/KNEE

Quote Originally Posted by TatsuOni View Post
    So I haven't been active in a while, but I've taken pictures of the funny splits I've found during this time.

The triple split.

And the "long split".
    Those long splits are so dastardly! They're what makes me consider just chopping off an inch or two at the ends and just being done with it.
    MBL~WL~HL~TBL~ FTL~ KNEE