Page 86 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the most evil thing you've ever done to your hair?

Length
    chin/waist/TB
    Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: What's the most evil thing you've ever done to your hair?

Quote Originally Posted by Chromis View Post
    I used to brush it before and *after* getting out of the shower, still soaking wet thinking I was getting all the "loose hair" out since there was always so much hair in the brush! Eek! I have since learned that in fact my hair does not tolerate being handled wet at all.
    Oh gosh, yes. Me too. Sometimes I would brush it repeatedly while I was in the shower. With an ancient plastic paddle brush.

Length
    22/281/2/35
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Mm, probably blow drying and straightening most days back when I had a bob in 09. Well, blow drying or straightening, not both in the same day. No protective spray or anything, never thought of it and too lazy.

Length
    25/32.7/38
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

The most evil thing I've done to my hair was when I decided to go from black to blond. I had dyed my hair black for three years and wanted blond right away. The result was orange hair with the texture of cotton candy. I continued with the bleaching and ended up with yellow broken hair that had to be cut really really short The longest bits were about 2". Then I dyed it black again.

Length
    ~Chin/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

It's funny reading what everyone has done to their hair and I think we can all relate to most of them at one time or another. I've had seeeveral different hairstyles that have ranged from pixie to classic so I am not stranger to hair abuse. My hair must be pretty resilient though.

-In high school I used to flip the ends of my hair out with a curling iron every day and I used to blow dry (up until about a year ago) on the highest heat setting

-When I was 9, many girls in my class were learning how to braid hair and would practice on my classic length hair during reading time. They would make reeealllly teeny tiny braids throughout. I didn't care because I looove having my hair played with. I remember more than one instance though where I would miss a braid until my mom went to brush my hair after I slept on it or washed it. What a knotty, ratty mess! It drove my mom nuts!

- I also got a round brush tangled in my hair almost right up to the scalp like I see many people here have done... d'oh!

Length
    14 in/18 in/28 in
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/i/ii

My last year in college I bleached my hair, dyed it pink- when that faded I dyed it violet, and when that eventually faded I got a perm.
    Dear lord my hair was fried

Type
    3a/M/C/ii

I just dyed my silver/blonde hair with midnight blue manic panic. It looks like a very steely sort of pewter color. I'll have to wait to see how evil it is.

Length
    flip/waist/class
    Type
    2a/M/C/ii/iii

When I was 17, I got a heated curling brush stuck in my hair. On Christmas morning. Right before all my relatives showed up. My BF at the time thought it was the funniest thing ever even though I was bawling my eyes out over it. My dad, bless his heart, managed to cut the brush out in a way that allowed the shorter pieces to blend in with the rest of my hair until I could get a hairdresser to layer my hair all over.

Also, I was curling iron- and backcombing-happy back in the day--and it wasn't even the '80s!

washing my bleached hair everyday with 2 shampoos, blowdrying and straightening every day my, my, my

Length
    20/32/40
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

OH LAWD at all the TRAUMA! Sounds like we all need psychological care from horrible hair experiences! Maybe that's why we are all obsessed with our hair now. Yep severe hair trauma! The thing is, I can't figure out cause and effect here--do we get obsessed with our hair due to "hair trauma" from horrible past experiences? Or does the extreme interest in hair make us experiment with more things... Hummmmm....

All I know is been there done that along with everyone else: Bad hair cuts, sun-in turned orange, tried to fix with result being "banana head", died it black, cut it all off again SHORT....and on and on....

During the process, I did have one thing work wonders: Goldwell Colorance Soft Color! No peroxide--just demi-perminent straight dyes. Awesome stuff a true hair saver until it grew out.

Length
    20/32/40
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Permanent rather (above). "shame"