Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Unavailable, only reachable through proxy server!

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Default Re: Unavailable, only reachable through proxy server!

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    I dove right in. I let this page (and the consecutive links on the bottom of said page), guide me along and... still zippo.
    https://www.hostinger.com/tutorials/...tion_timed_out

I have to say, the amount of stuff that is within my power is now exhausted. And besides, if it were, as I said, a network issue on my side, then why the heck is it this site alone and not anything else? My settings are fine, everything is fine.
    It’s not unusual than something specific is affected and it’s only you. This happened to me some time ago. Only the LHC was affected as far as I could tell, only I was affected, and then it fixed itself over time through a strange route, nothing was changed in the LHC.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
    I’ve copied and pasted what you’ve written Gumball in case this happens to me in the future. Not that I’ll necessarily understand it but I could Google around any phrases I don’t understand. It did happen to me a few months ago so it’s good to know what steps to take.

Thanks for taking the time to set out such detailed instructions.
    Same, same, and indeed, thank you Gumball!
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I just had a Win11 update, and still nothing. I keep trying though.

ETA
    And on the number of people this time (me?), you do have to take into account that the ones not able to reach are powerless to report this issue. The last time it happened I think I was the only one that "broke" through with a proxy server. If I hadn't done so, it would still be a mystery. I mean, just sayin'. I still think that it's worth checking into site-based as well. Yes, just to be on the safe side that nothing more is going on.
    Last edited by lapushka; October 27th, 2023 at 04:42 AM.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    SL/HL/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I’ve been having issues since the photo uploader started working again. I can access on my phone, but not through Wi-Fi. I’m trying to follow the proxy settings, but it’s confusing for me
    Find me at the beach or springs wishing I was a mermaid
    SL- MBL - WL - HL - TBL - CLASSIC - FTP - KNEE

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Try web-proxy services. Easy. You go to a site like that, type in the URL and there you go. I do have to, after logging in, go back to the main page, and reload, as I get a serious error message right after logging in through the proxy service. But hey, I'm determined, what can I say.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Learn more. Know less. foreveryours's Avatar
    Length
    ./71"/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I just had a Win11 update, and still nothing. I keep trying though.

ETA
    And on the number of people this time (me?), you do have to take into account that the ones not able to reach are powerless to report this issue. The last time it happened I think I was the only one that "broke" through with a proxy server. If I hadn't done so, it would still be a mystery. I mean, just sayin'. I still think that it's worth checking into site-based as well. Yes, just to be on the safe side that nothing more is going on.
    Gumball's sig has a direct email link to contact a mod independent of this site's status. No help of course if you don't save it somewhere for when it might be needed
    scalp > SL > MBL > TBL > FTL > KNEE > KNEE+

Length
    APL/FTL+/FTL?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

The last time it happened I think I was the only one that "broke" through with a proxy server.
    Given the number of us who were involved in the previous thread, despite whatever hoops we had to jump through to get to it, that is blatantly untrue.

If you want anyone to be able to seriously investigate what or where the issue may be, you're going to need to provide some solid information. Just repeating that it's not working doesn't tell anyone anything that could be used as a diagnostic. What was the result of your ping tests? What IPs did the traceroute report? What information can you provide to help them help you, beyond insisting that it can't possibly be your end?

Darn hair dressers and their misplaced bra straps... Looks like it'll be longer between hair cuts this time, with an extra 6 inches to regrow!
    <APL ~APL~BSL~MBL~WL~HL~TBL~Classic~ FTL ~ Knee???

Length
    SL/HL/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I still can’t figure out what to do and using my phone to scroll has been hard. I am so bad with tech stuff

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by floridaorchid View Post
    I still can’t figure out what to do and using my phone to scroll has been hard. I am so bad with tech stuff
    What exactly is the issue you are experiencing? What is the content of any errors? Are there other devices you normally use that you are experiencing this on, or is it just your phone?

58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Length
    CBL/WL/HIP
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I couldn't access the site for over a week then suddenly I was able to again. -shrugs-
    CBL 2015 - BCL 2019

⋆Hangin out⋆

Length
    SL/HL/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Something in my network it not able to communicate with the forum. When I try to access the site on wifi or wired I get a time out error. It is the any of the community forums specifically though, I can access the home page fine. It is all devices connected to my home network. My husband suspected it to be a DNS issue and ran through the steps to clear and rest it. He then made sure we can acres IPv6 and 4. He is not sure why the site is not accessible from Wi-Fi/Wired. This is the only site having this issue that we are aware of.

Thank you