Page 53 of 843 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153553 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you doing to/for your hair right now?

Default Re: What are you doing to/for your hair right now?

Hair was very happy after treatment last night. I'll have to do that one again. This time, I think I'll only do one thorough shampooing afterwards, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Siveda View Post
    Haha, sounds familiar!

My hair is almost dry after washing and trying out a tea rinse. Ocassionally finger combing and wondering why my upper hair feels much dryer than the bottom layers. Could it be cause they're kinda protected by the upper layers of hair while drying and therefore become less frizzy? Or is it because previous oils haven't washed out as much and it's therefore more moisterized... From my past experiences I remember those bottom layers were actually dryer than the rest of it. Weird.
    LOL I go from sleek 1c hair in dry/cool air to a full on 2c curl; with a layer of new growth curls that refuse to be defined (= frizzy look) from crown to hemline until I bun tame it

My top layers dry more quickly because they are 100% fine silver/white.
    The rest is a blend in different proportions, plus when oiled = longer drying times.

So I use a mini claw to fast dry the crown, then a small claw to dry hair to my ears, then it all goes in 3 different sizes of banana clips (XL to small) as it dries/compacts.
    The final step is the bun if I have time; if I must go out I partially blow dry my scalp then bun the rest.

It has been fun learning the best routine for air drying in the Summer; in Winter I blow dry my scalp, then air dry the ends.
    It will go into a half up, ponytail or bun depending on what is planned and the weather.
    Last edited by Groovy Granny; June 30th, 2017 at 10:16 PM.

just dyed my hair tonight so I keep touching it and looking in the mirror! also debating how to wear my hair at night and if I should buy a silk pillow case

Length
    .5/30/term
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Today I began trying miconazole nitrate! Very curious to see if it helps with growing it out faster, and perhaps helping to reverse some of the damage from the severe bleaching damage at the end of 2014. Most of it has rebounded, but the right side has been noticeably slower, and less thick than before. Using a generic Monistat 7 + jojoba oil right now, but still scouring the web for ideas, (legit) YouTube experiences videos, etc. Been several hours, and no headaches. Would love to put it on after work (night), and give it a little time before bed. Pensive, but excited!!!
    Heather

Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii/iii

I did a little S&D tonight! Still going to have to get a trim, because it's pretty clear I've got damage at least two or three inches up some of the shafts, but it was fun getting those little ones! And I bought a much smoother comb. WOW, the difference. I was just ripping up my hair with my previous ones!

Applied some mineral oil as have few itches,after some almond ....will wash tomorrow.

Length
    APL/APL/WAIST
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by nikki_s View Post
    Today I began trying miconazole nitrate! Very curious to see if it helps with growing it out faster, and perhaps helping to reverse some of the damage from the severe bleaching damage at the end of 2014. Most of it has rebounded, but the right side has been noticeably slower, and less thick than before. Using a generic Monistat 7 + jojoba oil right now, but still scouring the web for ideas, (legit) YouTube experiences videos, etc. Been several hours, and no headaches. Would love to put it on after work (night), and give it a little time before bed. Pensive, but excited!!!
    Heather
    I've found from years and years of being here, usually the monistat works for people with an over growth of yeast in the scalp. If you have SD or any sort of fungal infection on the scalp, it will help with the growth. But overall, a lot of members here seemed to stop using it due to the fact that it doesn't really do much of anything. But maybe it'll work for you! It made me nauseous and light headed in a few hours of use. I remember 2013, when Monistat was all the rage here. Lol. A lot of members stopped using it though.

I don't know if this counts - but I've stopped trimming! That's what I'm doing for my hair right now lol

Type
    2c/M/i

@GroovyGranny: Wow, the weather holds some power over us!

Length
    ShgLp/Bcl/term?
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

CWC
    Black Tea Rinse (Thank you Gossamer)
    Soon will start greek yogurt mask
    neat non-braided or braided Buns (seriously trying it for a year every day except weekends when I will stick to an english braid)

Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii/iii

I used a Sally's generic version of a Paul Mitchell clarifying shampoo. My hair felt WEIRD in the shower! Even though it was soaking wet, it felt odd, like I couldn't roll it between my fingers easily. I don't think I've ever used a clarifying shampoo before. Is that what it's supposed to do?