Page 36 of 137 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the most evil thing you've ever done to your hair?

Length
    Chin/CBL/??
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Default Re: What's the most evil thing you've ever done to your hair?

In guess it's a tie between the time I permed it & the time I bleached out black dye, failed, and dyed over that.
    mornings:
    (Lady Alausha, Keeper of the Blessed Tomes in the Order of the Long Haired Knights)

Good grief the memories - when I was about 21, I was pretty whimsical. I tried to chem dyed my dark blonde/light brown hair even blonder - but it turned orange instead. I worked in an office and so I had to go in with orange hair ... of course, everyone laughed at funny me.

So after work, I bought some chemical color stripper and applied that for the evening - it did indeed take all the color out of my hair and now I was WHITE blonde - so white that I looked like a literal ghost. Naturally, I had to go in to work the next day - everyone had an even greater laugh at that - except some actually thought it looked cool.

That evening, I CHEM DYED IT AGAIN - this time, a brown color. Guess what color I turned up with this time? GRAY! Good grief, the fun they had with me at work on that one.

You know, the memory is so bad that I don't even remember the rest. Did I let it just fade out and have white hair? I don't know. Oh, if I could go back in time!!!!

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

At 14 I thought I would trim my own fringe (bangs) I wet it, cut it just so and of course when it dried it was about 1cm (1/2 inch) long! I got my mum to cut more hair to cover it and had a double fringe for quite some time.

Another incident was the perm. I got a perm and refusing to believe the advice of my hairdresser, I went swimming, continued using my brush to detangle every strand and wondered why 2 days later my perm was non existent. My hair though straight remained crunchy for months.

Recently, - too recently. I attacked my hair with a lice comb, without even detangling very well first. That's how I ended up here.
    Last edited by Milui Elenath; March 19th, 2009 at 04:54 AM.

Length
    chin/bsl/knee
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Last year, I dyed my bleached blond hair with kool-aid. It was the most creative dye job I had ever had, my friend tori went crazy with the stuff and I ended up with hair that was 75% bright, fire-engine red and 25% blonde and turquoise horizontal stripes. Me being me, I wanted to change it a few weeks after. I went into the salon and, 3 hours of bleach later, my hair was a light salmon color that faded to white in another week. It was fried, but devoid of any breakage or split ends. That hair still does not have any split ends.
    My hair is amazing.

Dangerous with scissors Accolady's Avatar
    Length
    64"/42"/48"
    Type
    1a/M/ii/iii

Many years ago, before developing the sense to read product labels,
    I thought coating my hair with Vaseline, then combing through and
    leaving overnight would make my hair as soft as it did my hands.

Let's abbreviate. Never try this at home.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    It is more important to have self-respect than to gain respect from others.
    --Madeleine de Scudéry (1607-1701)

Length
    13in/26 in/30 in
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

Back in the 80s when crimped hair was HOT I could not afford a crimping iron. They were pertty expensive at the time. Being the punk rock chick I was I would braid my Dyed black hair in to small braids and hold the ends with tin foil so the braids would not unravel. I would then use a perm solution on the braids to make the crimp permanent. Man my hair was so fried!!

Length
    Pixie/bsl/tb
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

When I was a kid....One time, I some how managed to twist a comb up in my bangs so badly that my mom had to cut it out. Leaving me with 1/4 inch bangs.

Not as bad as others, but still.

Length
    Pixie/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Hmmm...when I tried to get white hair. I'm a dark brown naturally.

I bleached, 3 times in 3 days. Then put the whitening cream on my hair.

I failed.

I then proceeded to dye it pink.

Then black after the pink faded.

Then plum when my hair grew out more.

And recently bleached again to dye it pink again. But this is when my hair was shorter so we're talking 3 inches worth of hair lol.

My ends don't actually look too too bad, though it really needs to be cut out.

"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple"
    -Oscar Wilde

Length
    13/14/30
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ecologystudent View Post
    When I was a kid....One time, I some how managed to twist a comb up in my bangs so badly that my mom had to cut it out. Leaving me with 1/4 inch bangs.

Not as bad as others, but still.
    I did that once...to my friend. My mom had to cut the comb, and then sent her home so her own mom could cut her hair. I think we were about 5 at the time.

Length
    SL/short/??
    Type
    3a/M/C/iii

Brushing my curly hair everyday and wondering why it was so frizzy.

Putting random fuschia streaks in it, that eventually faded to a nasty pinkish/salmon colour. Most of them were on the top layer of my hair, which is around shoulder-length right now...so the aftermath is still on my head! At least they're just a blondish colour now.

Letting the hairdresser have her way with the thinning shears and razor, believing that it would make my hair less poofy.