Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Silk bed hat

Length
    ?/WL/FTL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: Silk bed hat

Quote Originally Posted by pisinoe View Post
    BeautifullyBiracial on etsy (UK) does it measure if you request it!
    Thank you
    No Water Sebum Only since November 2020. Previously water only. Crossed to the dark side and now rocking sebum only. Feral hair nirvana loading...

Length
    14/31,5/35
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

I ordered mine form aliexpress, but the seller is gone I really enjoy it tho, I have it for about 8 months already and they still fit well

Length
    Pixie/APL+/???
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

I have this turban from Damiano Collection on Etsy (US). It has an elastic with adjustable length and has stayed on me perfectly. I don't have anything to compare it to, but I am an enthusiastic sleeper (often wake up sideways in the bed, somehow....) with fine and slippery hair and this one has only come off once in the 2.5 months I have been using it. And the slippery side is on the inside, too! The only thing I can't speak to is room for lots of hair, as my hair is only CBL and is straight/fine/thin. It would work for at least quadruple my amount of hair with my head size, but that is obviously much less than many LHCers!
    Last edited by xanthochromia; May 23rd, 2021 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xanthochromia View Post
    I have this turban from Damiano Collection on Etsy (US). It has an elastic with adjustable length and has stayed on me perfectly. I don't have anything to compare it to, but I am an enthusiastic sleeper (often wake up sideways in the bed, somehow....) with fine and slippery hair and this one has only come off once in the 2.5 months I have been using it. And the slippery side is on the inside, too! The only thing I can't speak to is room for lots of hair, as my hair is only CBL and is straight/fine/thin. It would work for at least quadruple my amount of hair with my head size, but that is obviously much less than many LHCers!
    oh I like the adjustable band part, does that help with the staying on? anything ever tight enough to stay on my head leaves marks on my forehead, I hate it
    Much love to all my fellow long hair peoples!

~ ~

Length
    chin/waist/tb
    Type
    2a/F/ii

This sleep cap is the only one I've been able to keep on all night. It has a wide elastic band too, so I don't wake up with elastic marks on my forehead.

Length
    Pixie/APL+/???
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandrina View Post
    oh I like the adjustable band part, does that help with the staying on? anything ever tight enough to stay on my head leaves marks on my forehead, I hate it
    It does stay on me but I have a teeny little mark on my forehead in the morning. I have bangs and it goes away within 5 minutes so it doesn't bother me, but I don't want to promise no marks at all. It would seem that adjustability must help both staying on and marks because you can find the happy middle ground for you, but I'm no expert! This is my first cap, so perhaps everything would stay on me despite the enthusiastic sleeping.

Gimmee all the goats!!! GoatLady's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/TBL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

I am using this silk sleep cap and I love it. It stays on my head and there is no elastic on the front so it doesn't mess up my bangs. It also isn't overly tight. I have another that is too tight, leaves marks, and hurts my ears. I got my silk cap in mauve and it's a lovely color. I sleep with 2 braids and tuck the braids in underneath. Sometimes, if I wash my hair at night, it is still damp when I go to bed. In that case I do not braid but just tuck my hair carefully inside the cap. My hair is smooth and not tangled when I remove the cap in the morning. It is also one of the most affordable 100% silk caps I have found.

Hurray! I've reached tailbone length! Last trim 1-2-23.
    Lady Roxanne,Keeper of the Caprines 🐐in the order of the Long Haired Knights.

Length
    Chin/43.5/Blunt
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

I've been using satin, but I'm fond of Prince Hair Company on Etsy. The back has a bit of elastic at the nape and they have a tie that is either stretchy or also satin. I have one of each and they're both great. My head is a bit smaller than the opening, but I just fold it in when I tie everything and that works just fine.
    Chin~Shoulder~APL~Midback~Waist~Hip~TB~CL~[FTL]~MT~Knee~Knee+
    Pursuing my Princess Hair ♕

Length
    Shave/Knee/Knee
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by GoatLady View Post
    I am using this silk sleep cap and I love it. It stays on my head and there is no elastic on the front so it doesn't mess up my bangs. It also isn't overly tight. I have another that is too tight, leaves marks, and hurts my ears. I got my silk cap in mauve and it's a lovely color. I sleep with 2 braids and tuck the braids in underneath. Sometimes, if I wash my hair at night, it is still damp when I go to bed. In that case I do not braid but just tuck my hair carefully inside the cap. My hair is smooth and not tangled when I remove the cap in the morning. It is also one of the most affordable 100% silk caps I have found.
    Thank you, just looked at this and really like the look of it, maybe have to give it a try! I actually bought one from lilysilk and was disappointed with it, sadly didn't stay on.

Length
    Shave/Knee/Knee
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by mochichichi View Post
    I've been using satin, but I'm fond of Prince Hair Company on Etsy. The back has a bit of elastic at the nape and they have a tie that is either stretchy or also satin. I have one of each and they're both great. My head is a bit smaller than the opening, but I just fold it in when I tie everything and that works just fine.
    Thanks, these look beautiful I'll take a look at them as well.