Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Orangerium

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Default Re: Orangerium

I do love these! I might have to treat myself for my next birthday As long as they have something I really, really, want.
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    ?/BSL+/?
    Type
    3b/3c/M/ii

I don’t think they are over expensive. Ever since I saw this video of making a burl-resin sphere, I am very much in awe of the handwork process it took. If those sticks are similar in their making, they are well worth 50-60$.

And so pretty.

Length
    24/32.25/Dunno
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Upside Down View Post
    I don’t think they are over expensive. Ever since I saw this video of making a burl-resin sphere, I am very much in awe of the handwork process it took. If those sticks are similar in their making, they are well worth 50-60$.

And so pretty.
    I still feel my assessment of monetary value was fair. Having said that, I purchased this:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/5538366...d_out_detail=1

and this:

https://www.etsy.com/transaction/1400955421

for the same price as one of those sticks and got free shipping.

I was going to buy this pair:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/5760964...home_active_19

But changed my mind since I usually only wear one stick at a time and this is 2 for the same price....just sayin'
    DweamGoiL

1c - 2a / f - m / ii | current length = 32.25 inches - working for a thick blunt hemline

Length
    ?/BSL+/?
    Type
    3b/3c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by DweamGoiL View Post
    I still feel my assessment of monetary value was fair. Having said that, I purchased this:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/5538366...d_out_detail=1

and this:

https://www.etsy.com/transaction/1400955421

for the same price as one of those sticks and got free shipping.

I was going to buy this pair:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/5760964...home_active_19

But changed my mind since I usually only wear one stick at a time and this is 2 for the same price....just sayin'
    Tis ok DweamGoil, we don’t have to agree

I’d be buying one of Orangeriums sticks but I am still considering cutting my hair so I feel foolish investing into any hairtoys.

Length
    24/32.25/Dunno
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Upside Down View Post
    Tis ok DweamGoil, we don’t have to agree

I’d be buying one of Orangeriums sticks but I am still considering cutting my hair so I feel foolish investing into any hairtoys.
    I hear ya, and it's nice to have 2 similar shops to indulge our individual preferences
    DweamGoiL

1c - 2a / f - m / ii | current length = 32.25 inches - working for a thick blunt hemline

Length
    CBL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Karina art is in Ukraine I think, which is way cheaper than Ireland overall. So Orangerium isn’t overcharging compared to the other store, they are both products of their local economy. Sort of how you can send me a fork with tracked shipping for 13.50$ DweamGoil, but it costs me 9.5 dollars to mail a pair of sticks as letter (no tracking) to the US; if I want tracking it’ll be minimum 45 dollars! For a small bubble wrapped envelope. Because that’s how the economy is here. Eastern Europe has worse economy and that means for the rest of us their things are lower priced.

June 2018: Big chop
    CBL - APL - BSL - Waist - Hip - BCL - TBL

Type
    1b/F/i

Have to admit I tend to buy hairtoys that kinda fall into two categories. There is the- that looks slick and professional and is utilitarian at the same time so it's perfect for work- category and the- there is something indefinably magical about that and I just plain love it- category. Ficcares fall into the first category for me and these sticks fall into the second. There is something magical about that snail crawling through the moss in the one and those little shells on the driftwood in the other. They evoke a feeling in me more than filling a wardrobe niche. I think that's why I fell so hard for these. I wouldn't expect everyone to react the same way to them. I hope they live up to my expectations IRL.
    Time is the fire in which we burn...Delmore Schwartz
    Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light...Dylan Thomas

Length
    24/32.25/Dunno
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by PixieP View Post
    Karina art is in Ukraine I think, which is way cheaper than Ireland overall. So Orangerium isn’t overcharging compared to the other store, they are both products of their local economy. Sort of how you can send me a fork with tracked shipping for 13.50$ DweamGoil, but it costs me 9.5 dollars to mail a pair of sticks as letter (no tracking) to the US; if I want tracking it’ll be minimum 45 dollars! For a small bubble wrapped envelope. Because that’s how the economy is here. Eastern Europe has worse economy and that means for the rest of us their things are lower priced.
    Totally understand, but the flip-side of this is that we are shopping on Etsy, a globally competitive platform. As a consumer with the capability to shop globally, if someone offers a better price, I am more inclined to gravitate to the more affordable item unless there is a vast difference in quality and/or workmanship. I think it's good that there's more than 1 shop that basically makes the same type of item. It leaves it up to the consumer to judge which is the better fit.
    DweamGoiL

Length
    CBL/32"/32"
    Type
    2c/3a/C/ii

Ugh!! Crystawni's driftwood walloped me over the head and poofed an idea for a custom that won't go away but they are kind of outside my price-per-item budget. If they do customs I'll be saving this for a celebratory 'finally done growing out dye' (4.5 years by then x_x) present at the end of the year... if I can hold out
    *Last box dye - 12/2013, Last highlights - 05/2014, Dyed hair gone! - 11/2018 * Goldwell Kerasilk! - 09/16, 04/17, 08/17, 06/18*

Type
    1b/F/i

^^^This sounds completely intriguing.
    Time is the fire in which we burn...Delmore Schwartz
    Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light...Dylan Thomas