Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What the hell happened to this website?!

Length
    APL/HIP/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: What the hell happened to this website?!

Quote Originally Posted by Viola88 View Post
    What happened is they saved it by upgrading. By late summer/early fall, the old server was 'on its last legs' and we are lucky it didn't crash into oblivion. We should be grateful that the forum is functioning. I know I am.
    exactly. who cares what it looks like and if your profile got a little messed up? Fix it later and be grateful for the work and time someone put into saving LHC.

Maintenance trims to grow back thickness

Extraordinary Wordsmith WaitingSoLong's Avatar
    Length
    MTL/BSL/none
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahlabyrinth View Post
    Well, I like it.
    Me, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    At first it was a shock but now I don't even notice the change anymore. I actually think it's better than before.
    Mine is really not that different? Once I got rid of the ads, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by piffyanne View Post
    The albums work, which is great.

I wish it were possible to get to the Subscribed Threads link from Every page rather than just under the forums tab. It may be just another step, but it takes SO LONG for my modem to load each page that it can be another couple minutes or more to get where I want to be.

I know it's a fiddling thing, but it it's adjusted, I'll be THRILLED!

Piffy, just scroll all the way to the top and click the "settings" link. Wallah...all your subscribed threads. From any page.

ETA: You can also create a quicklink instead of navigating through the site. Find your subscriptions page, then create a link directly to that, like in your favorite places, then just click that link instead of navigating. Did that make sense?
    Last edited by WaitingSoLong; December 4th, 2012 at 06:06 AM.

~WSL~My YouTube tutorials with Classic+ Hair
    FTL in 2013. Back to waist/virgin 2014. Virgin thigh 2018. Cut back to waist July 2018

Length
    3 in/thigh/knee
    Type
    1a/M/C/ii

I love the new design! Navigating around is so much easier. I wonder how it will be when construction is over.

I'm sooooo glad it's back, but am hunting and pecking around. I wondered why I can't see albums! Are they still defunct? I've gotten several great tips in this thread, I'd love to find a thread that would tutorial how to navigate the new program.

Length
    14/39/??
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by 4C4rly4 View Post
    Does anyone else absolutely HATE the new changes?? It looks like Facebook! I came back after a month of not using this website and this is what I see! lol

*edit* Wow and our profiles are completely messed up too - all that time we spent choosing the colors, setting the backgrounds, organizing our profiles, all went to waste.
    Well, considering that I pay NOTHING for the maintenance and upkeep of this site, and that I have NO responsibilities to moderate, code, etc, etc, I am of the school of thought that my opinion means nothing. I appreciate having the site back up and running, and am grateful to the owner of ten years, who has dedicated so much of her valuable time and effort to create something amazing from nothing.

This is one of the few places on the internet outside of the blogosphere where I feel like we still have individuals, and I am ever thankful for that. I feel that we can't keep that sense of community if we forget that this site is a personal site, not run by any faceless entity.

Length
    30/34/45
    Type
    3b/M/ii

I really like it, the only thing i'm not a huge fan of is that I can't see everyone's hairtype under their name anymore. I don't know if everyone can't, or it's just me since I'm still at fewer than 25 posts, but I miss being able to read about a technique someone uses on their hair, and then being able to see if their hairtype is anything like mine.

Resident metalhead RavennaNight's Avatar
    Length
    bob/35/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by peacecat3 View Post
    Well, considering that I pay NOTHING for the maintenance and upkeep of this site, and that I have NO responsibilities to moderate, code, etc, etc, I am of the school of thought that my opinion means nothing. I appreciate having the site back up and running, and am grateful to the owner of ten years, who has dedicated so much of her valuable time and effort to create something amazing from nothing.

This is one of the few places on the internet outside of the blogosphere where I feel like we still have individuals, and I am ever thankful for that. I feel that we can't keep that sense of community if we forget that this site is a personal site, not run by any faceless entity.
    This. Exactly. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Obsessive Oilaholic ChloeDharma's Avatar
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I actually prefer it, i'm not exactly used to it yet but things seem clearer to me.
    The heart would have no rainbow, had the eyes no tears.

Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by flip-flop View Post
    I really like it, the only thing i'm not a huge fan of is that I can't see everyone's hairtype under their name anymore. I don't know if everyone can't, or it's just me since I'm still at fewer than 25 posts, but I miss being able to read about a technique someone uses on their hair, and then being able to see if their hairtype is anything like mine.
    Not just you. I think I read on another thread that they're hoping to be able to add it back in once the rest of the upgrade stuff is done. And hey, we can upload pictures again! Someone suggested that we all put our hair stats in our signatures as a stopgap, I thought it was a pretty good idea. In fact I think I'll go and do it now.

By now I barely notice that LHC is any different, except that it works. The only (minor) irritant for me is that, since I'm using a small screen (9"), stuff gets cut off in "New Posts" view. I reduced my text size, which helps, but if anyone has any suggestions for anything else I can do on my end it would be nice to be able to click the "most recent post" button at the end of long usernames again.

Length
    18"/MB/MB
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Not that I get to choose, but I LOVE the new look!