Page 203 of 529 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205213253303 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 5285

Thread: Honey thread - from TBB and bits from old LHC

Length
    Bob/67"/67"
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii/iii

Default Re: Honey thread - from TBB and bits from old LHC

Thanks for giving me hope! It's especially heartening that it took them so few treatments to get such great results.

The most annoying thing about the cinnamon- far more annoying than the itching- was how much work it was to was it out. While I can get sand out of my hair in one or two washes, it took four washes before the cinnamon was entirely gone. If the honey hadn't left my hair so soft, it would probably be quite dry by now from all the washing, since I usually only wash my hair every four days or so.
    iii 2b F 62"

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Quote Originally Posted by socks View Post
    Thanks for giving me hope! It's especially heartening that it took them so few treatments to get such great results.

The most annoying thing about the cinnamon- far more annoying than the itching- was how much work it was to was it out. While I can get sand out of my hair in one or two washes, it took four washes before the cinnamon was entirely gone. If the honey hadn't left my hair so soft, it would probably be quite dry by now from all the washing, since I usually only wash my hair every four days or so.
    socks

You are most welcome.

Ground cardamom is reported to wash out of hair much easier than ground cinnamon but with a good honey like yours, and the results you have gotten, it is not necessary, IMO. Ground cardamom can be a an irritant too. Patch testing is strongly advised.
    Last edited by ktani; August 25th, 2008 at 07:19 PM. Reason: clarification

Length
    chin/bcl/?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Thanks so much for your reply ktani!
    I'd seen the recipes where the honey and cassia were used together, I guess I'm just a little worried about my still very bleached ends going too golden. I want the whole to blend better than it currently is, as well as for my regrowth to be slightly more golden and lighter. I guess that's what strand tests are for.

So, I let the honey mixture (with adjusted water ratio) sit for an hour as per normal, then I add the cassia w. distilled water mixture, then slap it on me head? I don't have EVOO so I'll just be using honey + distilled water + cardamom + cassia.

Thanks for all your help!

Quote Originally Posted by melikai View Post
    Thanks so much for your reply ktani!
    I'd seen the recipes where the honey and cassia were used together, I guess I'm just a little worried about my still very bleached ends going too golden. I want the whole to blend better than it currently is, as well as for my regrowth to be slightly more golden and lighter. I guess that's what strand tests are for.

So, I let the honey mixture (with adjusted water ratio) sit for an hour as per normal, then I add the cassia w. distilled water mixture, then slap it on me head? I don't have EVOO so I'll just be using honey + distilled water + cardamom + cassia.

Thanks for all your help!
    melikai

You are most welcome.

You do not have to use the oil or the cinnamon or cardamom - just the honey and distilled water, if you like.

And yes, you can let the honey and the correct amount of distilled water sit for 1 hour, then add the cassia (pre-mixed with a bit of distillled water just before adding it to the recipe).

By not letting the cassia sit for dye release, or use acid to mix it, it should not add any colour to the hair and as per the reported results, did not.

The honey cassia treatment lightened colour added by a cassia treatment, that had been left to dye release and had been mixed with orange juice, EVOO and undiluted honey. The orange juice and undiluted honey caused the cassia to darken firebird's hair. Undiluted honey can be very acidic (it depends on the honey). Cassia is senitive to acid levels and can add gold, red or yellow tones to hair.
    Last edited by ktani; August 25th, 2008 at 07:14 PM. Reason: clarification

Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ktani View Post
    Spun

Thank you for the recipe.

I am pleased for you that your hair looks and feels so good.

Did you keep your hair completely wet during the time that the treatment was on your hair?

If the answer is yes, I suggest trying a different honey next time.

the Successful Honeys List
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ount=856itamin

If one cannot be found - try a dark coloured honey blend - raw or pasteurized - both have been reported to work equally well. Dark coloured blends were reported in research, to have higher peroxide levels than lighter coloured blends. A dark coloured, single source honey, does not necessarily have a high peroxide value - it depends on the plant source.
    Yep. I kept it wet under a bag and put a fitted cap over it.
    I guess I'll try another honey. Has anyone tried any of the President's choice honeys?

Quote Originally Posted by Spun View Post
    Yep. I kept it wet under a bag and put a fitted cap over it.
    I guess I'll try another honey. Has anyone tried any of the President's choice honeys?
    Spun

One of the Successful Honeys is Billy Bee clover honey.

Have a look at the list.

Canada #1 Grade, which is a blend, comes in a dark version.

Spun

No one has reported trying President's Choice honey.

Honey lightening basics

Honey lightening is so much simpler now.

And the reported results have been so much better than with previous recipes.

Now it is just honey, distilled water (unless your tap water is mineral free) and the choice of added peroxide boosters (ground cardamom, ground cinnamon, coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil).

The correct 4 to 1 dilution is the key to a successful recipe, IMO. 1/8 cup honey to 3/4 cup distilled water or x amout of honey to 4 times distilled water by weight.

A treatment can be left to sit for 1 hour in advance of application, to reach maximum strength (recommended), or used right away if you are in a hurry.

The recipes can be applied with a tint, blush or pastry brush, and/or a spray or squirt bottle, then the hair needs to be securely covered with plastic (wearing a hat over a shower cap or a swim cap is recommended) and the treatment left on the hair for about an hour. The hair must be completely wet during the time that a treatment is on the hair.

With a good peroxide producing honey, the right dilution and method, that is all there is to it.

Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

So I did a second treatment with the same honey and the result is still so slight. I think I need a new honey. I used Kidd Bros. I picked it because it was a dark unpasteurized honey, but apparently it's low on peroxide.
    Which chain grocery stores have Billy Bee honey in Canada? I don't think I have seen it in the main grocery stores I frequent.

Quote Originally Posted by Spun View Post
    So I did a second treatment with the same honey and the result is still so slight. I think I need a new honey. I used Kidd Bros. I picked it because it was a dark unpasteurized honey, but apparently it's low on peroxide.
    Which chain grocery stores have Billy Bee honey in Canada? I don't think I have seen it in the main grocery stores I frequent.
    Spun

I do not know where you are.

Here is the contact number for Billy Bee honey. They should tell you where you can find it.
    http://www.honeylocator.com/profiles/2342900.asp

Also look for dark coloured Canada #1 grade honey. There is dark coloured one.