Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: None to be Found ~ GiNormous Hair Accessories!

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    Bra/Thigh/Knee
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Default Re: None to be Found ~ GiNormous Hair Accessories!

Quote Originally Posted by bokeh View Post
    Good luck on the clip that you ordered. It looks really promising! I read a couple of reviews and one person said that she couldn't believe that it was actually too big for her long hair since she usually found clips to be too small. Looks like she rated it down for that which was unfair since there will be many people thrilled to find a XXX size clip!
    Yup Bokeh, I read the reviews too and that’s what made me take a chance on it. I was gonna order 2 but decided to wait and see when I get it first, if it’s what I need. I’m very hopeful!

Length
    Bra/Thigh/Knee
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    For that reason Large Ficcares were popular, maybe they still are. Don't know. They for sure don't make 'em like they used to.

And if that fails, there's also mega Flexi8s. Feel those are more popular than Ficcares these past years.

I know the pain, I am also one of those people that can't get their hair in a barrette without snapping it kaput.
    Haha Lapushka! I’ve broken so many hair accessories. Even had some break while I was out and about. That’s the worst....and so embarrassing when your undo crashes down in front of people. The struggle is real!

Oh I must look into some of these accesssories you mention. Thanks!!!

Length
    Bra/Thigh/Knee
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Cg View Post
    I found a couple of huge claw clips on Etsy maybe last year. I found them serendipitously though, not by searching for oversized.

Maybe we are in a small club when after a certain point those big octopus clips are inadequate, as are large Ficcares, heavy-duty forks, etc. Superlonghairs here don't often complain about that. Then again, maybe they've found giganticker hairtoys than those mentioned so far.
    Thank you for your thoughts, Cg. Etsy...what a great idea!!!

Length
    Bra/Thigh/Knee
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lakhesis View Post
    I have a couple of claw clips from Aliexpress that still work at classic length. There are around 12 cm (google says that's 4.7 inches). And they are pretty inexpensive.
    Thanks for the idea, lakesis. Cool.

Sorry to do all separate posts for each reply. Haha!!! Haven’t quite figured out how to do multiple quotes in one posting. On the bright side, it’s getting me closer to 25 posts.

Length
    Bra/Thigh/Knee
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Oh lakhesis, I’m so sorry I misspelled your name!!! I pride myself on getting names right. So much for that. There is no edit feature for me....I suspect not until I reach that 25 post mark. Ugh. Sorry again.

Length
    APL/40/48
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Reading this thread I remembered this video of how to make a french twist with super long hair and two claw clips. She uses a bigger and a smaller one.
    But my guess is you are looking for an even bigger clip that can hold everything.

Length
    Bra/Thigh/Knee
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Finda View Post
    Reading this thread I remembered this video of how to make a french twist with super long hair and two claw clips. She uses a bigger and a smaller one.
    But my guess is you are looking for an even bigger clip that can hold everything.

From time to time, I actually do something similar to this Finda...but I use a large clip and a wooden fork.

Strange but I actually have that exact sparkly clip she’s using in the video....the exact same one. Actually I have two of them. So pretty. I love sparkly hair accessories.

Yes, I just think it would be unique to have one huge honking jaw clip that will hold it all in one sweep. We always want what we don’t have.

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Ooh I think Crystawni did a peacock ponytail with a Ficarre, IIRC it was a peacock twist but with the tail so long it was still a ponytail - it looked great!

I don't know about people with super-thick hair but I think people with super-long hair who use claw clips tend to hold the length with at least a couple, rather than one big one. Again it's about technique, holding enough to keep the structure together but not expecting to hold it all in one.

That said, I've *just* remembered African butterfly clips - if your hair is too thick for one of those (a proper one) in a single twist, then there really is no hope
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by MusicalSpoons View Post
    Ooh I think Crystawni did a peacock ponytail with a Ficarre, IIRC it was a peacock twist but with the tail so long it was still a ponytail - it looked great!

I don't know about people with super-thick hair but I think people with super-long hair who use claw clips tend to hold the length with at least a couple, rather than one big one. Again it's about technique, holding enough to keep the structure together but not expecting to hold it all in one.

That said, I've *just* remembered African butterfly clips - if your hair is too thick for one of those (a proper one) in a single twist, then there really is no hope
    My hair loves to break those! I can usually stick it in one end, but then flipped over to the other side, that won't stick in without sliding back out due to the tension. My hair just eats them.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    My hair loves to break those! I can usually stick it in one end, but then flipped over to the other side, that won't stick in without sliding back out due to the tension. My hair just eats them.
    To a certain extent it does depend on the type - I think the proper metal ones with wide enough beading are less likely to slide out than the cheap plastic ones you can get. There are also different sizes available - someone could always ask for a custom if the top size in the relevant Etsy shops wasn't big enough
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness