Page 2 of 94 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Self-made hairtoy SWAP!

Length
    23/48.5/55+
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

Default Re: Self-made hairtoy SWAP!

Preferred functional length of sticks/forks 6- 6.5inch FPL if bead topped stick, 7-8 inch TL if carved, 5 inches FPL for forks
    Bun diameter 5-7 inches depending on the bun
    Allergies to things that could potentially be used Spearmint
    Likes Wooden sticks or forks especially with interesting natural colour or grain, thicker stick shafts, large bulky stand out pieces, bun covers, shallots, flexi style beaded sets. Warm natural colours, any shade of GREEN, rich amber gold yellows, or dark jewel shades. I like crystals and cabochons of rocks, I prefer gold or copper tones, I like anything that looks tribal, gypsy, wiccan/pagan, and I describe myself as a nature loving, gyspy spirited, hippie-goth..lol. I LOVE jewellery and have pierced ears. I also love natural homemade oils, treatments, and bath spa stuff, for which my favourite scents are Amber, Lavender, Rose, or heady musky scents. I also like citrus scents. I adore knitted items, and if someone makes me knitted socks I would love them forever, my feet in this case, are a size 5
    dislikes Things that can catch in my hair, elastic type accessories, pink (unless it is natural like pink ivory wood, or a pink stone like Rhodonite), glitter, cutesy accessories, pastel colours, spearmint scent (Highly allergic) fruity scents (citrus is the exception) floral scents (except rose or lavender)
    Willingness to ship internationally Yes
    List of things you can make I make topped hair sticks, embellished forks, flexi type sets, shallots, jewellery, gypsy style circlets, and all natural creams, lip butters, and skin exfoliants.
    Note whether you would prefer wood with a waterproof finish where possible or if that doesn't matter to you prefer wood to be oiled or waxed, unless you have a high quality finish that for sure wont be sticky/gummy even when dry.

Just a quick not about my hair. My hair is classic length, quite thick except for taper, and is dark brown with a aqua streak in it. Big hair toys are greatly preferred! I love leafy vine themes, natural rocks crystals and woods, and have a quite unique mix mash of hippie, gypsy goth style. Thank you in advance to my gifter, and to TiaKitty for organizing!
    Last edited by Calaelen; November 14th, 2013 at 12:11 AM.
    Lady Calaelen of Eden's Nook Designer of Fetching Forks in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Type
    2c/M/i/ii

Preferred functional length of sticks/forks 5-6 inches.

Bun diameter I'm currently bald so I don't really know.

Allergies None.

Likes I love nature. I'm very into steampunk and victorian style things. I love masquerade masks. My favorite colours are copper, red, dark purple, blue, and all shades of green. My hair loves moisture and is good with protein. I love gems and stones. My favorite stone is lapis lazuli however there isn't a stone or gem I don't like. I love autumn. I like elvish and faerie style things. I like mermaids and mermaidish things. I like jewelry and have pierced ears. I prefer copper over other metals. I LOVE barrettes! I prefer sticks over forks and like decorated hair pins. I like circlets. I like homemade oils, treatments, and spa stuff. My favorite scents are jasmine, lavender, and sandalwood. However there isn't a scent I don't like. I like knitted things but I never get cold so they tend to go to waste. I like vampires and gothic things. I have no problem with things made from expired animals. I'm a witch.

Dislikes Pink, yellow, glitter, and cutesy stuff.

Willingness to ship international Yes.

Stuff I can make I can make topped sticks, I can carve sticks and forks out of wood, I can make a metal fork and embellish it, I can make deer antler sticks, (My friend hunts them for food so nothing goes to waste.) I can carve wood into pendants and beads. I make lots of different styles of jewelry.

Note whether you would prefer wood with a waterproof finish where possible or if that doesn't matter to you It doesn't matter to me.

I have two cats but they are shorthairs so you shouldn't get cat hair in the package.
    Last edited by LumiereBlossom; October 16th, 2013 at 12:10 PM.
    High Commander Of The Legions Of The Sidhe
    And Super Lurker

I'd rather be outside browneyedsusan's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/TBL/???
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Me, me, me!!!

I'm very new to hairtoys, and don't have a lot of knowledge, but will do my best!

Preferred functional length of sticks/forks: 4 or 5" Nothing over 3/8" diameter, please

Bun diameter 3" somewhere close?

Allergies none

Likes -- I'm earthy and outdoorsy, but quirky. I like simple things from natural materials. I would adore a carved stick or fork, or a metal hairstick, leather would be nice, too! Beads and embellishments are fine. I'd also like a sparkely or beaded hairtoy for church. I prefer autumn colors: yellow, gold, orange, green, teal, brown, <--any shade of those is lovely. (I'm very laid-back, and quirky enough that most things make me quite happy.)

dislikes: Giant dangles, pink, purple. Nothing heavy, please. My hair is pretty short yet!

Willingness to ship internationally: of course

List of things you can make:
    antler forks up to 5" (It's hard to find them longer), antler sticks (any length) Note: My antler products may be from a hunted or roadkilled animal. My family hunts, and we eat (if there is room in the freezer) or donate (if the freezer is full) the venison. The antlers are usually discarded. DH might have more sheds in his stash, or I might be able to find some, but can't guarantee it. I think it's a lovely tribute to the animal to have it's antlers made into hair adornment, but others may not. I don't want to mislead anyone, or conjure up negative emotions or energy.
    Mininalistic hardwood (maple, oak, walnut...) hairsticks
    Knit and crochet items: hats, scarves, headbands, flowers for vintage updos.

finish I don't care. Surprise me!

henna keeps it
    red, and red makes me happy.
    Pixied for 15+ years and liked it.
    Growing for fun.

Length
    28/49/55/tr
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Preferred functional length of sticks/forks 6 inch or more. I don't mind toys that I would have to grow into
    Bun diameter 5.5 inches for a standard LWB 6inches for my current favourite bun.
    Allergies to things that could potentially be used Cryptonite. Pink colour Scripture quotation :>
    Likes Think tribal bellydancer meets victorian lady with a harp, I like cats, fantasy creatures like displacer beasts, cute little beholders and Cthulhu, all things steampunk and corsetted. I tend to be all grand and majestic for concerts - cream and red or red, gold and brown, and gold or bronze jewellery, and a bit simpler, cowrie falls, bone and stuff when I'm not playing a concert. I love circlets, parandas, elivsh and celtic stuff. I ADORE moons - as hairtoys, but also as ornaments.
    Faved colours and colour combos
    red (deep, dark red)
    red and blue
    red and cream
    red-gold-brown
    ANYTHING in that cream colour you get when staining white things in tea
    dislikes Spearmint. Just don't like it. Pastel colours are not really my thing. Pinks, plastics, and stuff like that - UNLESS there's a really good joke behind it, like My Little Zombie Pony or something. Twilight saga.
    Willingness to ship internationally Yes
    List of things you can make Topped hairsticks, wooden or knitting-needle-metal, topped with a range of things from D20 or D10 (or actually any type of multi-sided dice), cthulhus, bead toppers, danglies and stuff. I make kanzashi flowers from time to time, and finishing pins with decoration. I do a bit of sewing and could do a neck corset for instance
    Note whether you would prefer wood with a waterproof finish where possible or if that doesn't matter to you natural finish (oil, wax or stuff) but actually anything that works is good. Doesn't have to be waterproof, I have a designated shower hairstick already

Disclaimer I have three cats so that means cat fur in the package. Sorry.
    Last edited by MasCat; October 4th, 2013 at 11:02 AM. Reason: there is some cat fur in my post
    He’s taen three locks o her yallow hair,
    An wi them strung his harp sae fair.
    Listen to the music

Cold and rainy Sotra in Norway the land of trolls.
    Length
    Chin/Thigh/Calf
    Type
    1a/M/C/iii

Preferred functional length of sticks/forks At least 6 inches for hair sticks and at least 5 inches for forks but anything above that and up to nine inches are fine.

Bun diameter That depends on the bun, I think about 5 to 7 inches.

Allergies to things that could potentially be used: I am allergic to processed sugar, that means all processed sugar including most kind of artificial sweeteners.

Willingness to ship internationally I will ship anywhere.

List of things you can make I can make decorated clips and barrettes, scrunchies, decorated knitting pins style hair sticks. As for non hair toy things I make I make beaded, polymer clay and cold smithed jewelry, pendulums, rune sets, ritual tools, aromatherapy soaps and pendulums.

Bats
    Spiders
    Dice
    Gothic and creepy things
    Tombstones
    Paganism
    Pentagrams
    Cats
    Robots and science fiction things
    Crazy things that make people go what the hell is she wearing on her head.
    Fantasy inspired things
    Creepy cute
    Vampires
    Anything creepy, spooky, Gothic or bizarre.

Colors: Black, purple, red, dark gray

Hair Toys: I usually wear hair sticks or forks to get my hair into buns, I also like to use hair clips and barrettes for decorations.

Dislikes: Anything that do not fit my rather Gothic style or is geeky or science fiction, New Age or Pagan oriented are not likely to be used.

Note whether you would prefer wood with a waterproof finish where possible or if that doesn't matter to you It do not matter.

Note, I have a cat there will be cat hair in the package, look at it as a bonus.
    Last edited by Venefica; October 5th, 2013 at 08:00 AM.

The Naughty Mess says.... Seeshami's Avatar
    Length
    4/51.5/Until
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Pm your craft friends if my count is right I think we are uneven

The naughty mess says, "I plead innocent!"
    Should have kept your snaggles off the keyboard and plead the 5th.

Length
    zip/calf/term
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

Well we can't be uneven! (Heh, and to think, normally I'd be quite quite odd )

Preferred functional length of sticks/forks About a six inch or slightly longer working length is great for sticks. Forks can be a little shorter, but no less than 5.5 inches or my hair will spit them out.
    Bun diameter Variable! I have knee length hair and can arrange it into a wide variety of updos. My most common buns are probably at least four or five inches?
    Allergies to things that could potentially be used (for example, particular nut allergies where oil could be used to finish a toy) I have no allergies, but I can't have super hard things like brittles or super sticky things like taffy (normal nutty things are fine).
    Likes and dislikes
    Loves:

- I love hairsticks and forks of about a 6 inch working length. I particularly love natural woods, beautiful grain patterns, inlays, pretty gemstones and such.
    - Some of my favourite vendors are Ficcare, Timberstone Turnings, 60th Street, and Vote Paladine to give you an idea of my taste in toys. I tend to prefer thicker sticks and at least three pronged forks.
    - I prefer gold, copper, and bronze tones rather than silver
    - Necklaces - chain of 14 or 15 inches
    - I love chocolates and baked goods and loose leaf teas
    - I also like mineral make up and "natural" goodies.
    - I spin and knit with animal fibres like wool and alpaca. I especially love to try local fibres if you have a cool native sheep breed nearby.
    - I love local things! Even if it is just a pebble or a tiny vial of sand.
    - I am happy to try lots of different herbal hair concoctions and mixes.
    - I love shampoo bars! <3
    - I love colour! I like Autumn colours, jeweltones, rich super-saturated colours, not pastels.
    - I love vintage, vintage-inspired, steampunk, fancy dress. There is probably nothing you can find that is too formal lol.

Not-so-loved -

- Barrettes and things like scrunchies - My hair eats them.
    - Earrings - I do not have pierced ears and clip ons hurt my lobes.
    - My hair also eats things made of plastic and I do not care to knit with it either. This includes acyclic.
    - Please no perfumes. EOs are fine.
    - No religious items

Willingness to ship internationally Always! I prefer to be paired with people are are likewise willing to ship internationally regardless of where they live
    List of things you can make I am a knitter and love doing headbands like the infamous Calorimetry and also warm hats that can fit over a bun. I have large gardens and like to muck about making herbal things as well and I also make soap. (No good shampoo bars so far....but someday!) I should mention that I work only with animal fibres, so I might not be a fab choice for a strict vegan or someone with a wool allergy. I also bake...because you know proper nutrition is essential to hair growth. (I mean how long mine is, all that chocolate surely must have had a part in this!)
    Note whether you would prefer wood with a waterproof finish where possible or if that doesn't matter to you There is room in my world for both!

From zero to hero

All posts are made as a regular member unless they are in modbold.

Lover of Rainbows & Curls Quixii's Avatar
    Length
    0?/knee+/knee
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii/iii

I'm still debating on whether or not to join. I have 6 more days to decide!
    Knee+ length! Lady Gelôs, Keeper of the Silken Aulaeum in the Order of the Long Haired Knights <3

Length
    2/22/40
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Quixii View Post
    I'm still debating on whether or not to join. I have 6 more days to decide!
    Dooooooooooo it! Join! One of us! One of us!
    From pixie (cut off dreads)>chin>APL. On my way to waist. Next stop: BSL. Lady Purl, Of The Last Galaxy, in the order of The Long Haired Knights.

Length
    27/42/Term?
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Hehe, I'm debating too, Quixii. If my health had been more reliable the last 6 months, I'd've jumped in an instant, but with an as-yet not-quite-identified health problem that keeps affecting my hands, I don't want to commit and have trouble getting things done! Not to mention all the gifts that are in progress for family...I've finished most of the hats for my future in-laws, but I need to make 2 stuffed animals (I make them for my nephews every year), plus anything I'm going to do for my parents and I'm trying to figure out if 'let's just send cards for birthdays' means my sister doesn't want to exchange gifts for Christmas (as we're both students so kinda broke). Much as I love a swap (especially ones with people who get things like hair or crafting, which the rest of my family has zero clues on), I don't want to over-commit...hmmmmmmm....
    Lady Blaze Sweetsong of the Swift Arrow and the Law Scroll, Priestess of the Divine Flame in the Order of Long-Haired Knights, with her service dog Sir Foofus