Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Two questions

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    6"/BSL/BSL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Default Re: Two questions

Let us know what you learn, Ladies! I think I used to know the answer to this, but promptly forgot. It didn't help me in German or Calculus, and so I pushed it out of my little SwissCheese brain! I'm horrible with puters, and IF I am to remember things, I have to repeat them several times. This wasn't one of those repeated things.

PLUS, I'd like if someone would tell me how to do that "multiquote" thing. YOu know I'll just forget it the minute you teach me, though, but it would be nice to be able to say "Once upon a time I knew how to do that!"

Length
    shldr/shldr/?
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by LisaJaney View Post
    PLUS, I'd like if someone would tell me how to do that "multiquote" thing. YOu know I'll just forget it the minute you teach me, though, but it would be nice to be able to say "Once upon a time I knew how to do that!"
    Click on the "quote +" button of the posts you want to quote, the + will turn into a - .
    Then just quote the last post normally (edit: or hit "reply" under the last post of each page).

Does that help?

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Isabel View Post
    Click on the "quote +" button of the posts you want to quote, the + will turn into a - .
    Then just quote the last post normally (edit: or hit "reply" under the last post of each page).

Does that help?
    I understood it! My ?? is how do you get the actual "icon" to show up like this w/in your post? THAT is too cool!

Length
    apl/hip/?
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by angelthadiva View Post
    I understood it! My ?? is how do you get the actual "icon" to show up like this w/in your post? THAT is too cool!
    If you right click on the image, select "copy image location," then paste it into img tags in your post, that should do it.

ETA: Er, let me test that...

ETA2: Okay, it works!

KK, lemme try...

Thanks, Skitts! I love learning!

Length
    shldr/shldr/?
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii

Thanks for explaining, Skitts. Posting the pictures of the buttons helps to explain stuff, so I like using them. They're helpful.

If I want to show something that's not a "button" with an image (so that trick doesn't work), I do a screen shot. I'm not sure how you'd do that on windows, though.
    Then I upload the (partial, just of the part I want to show) screen shot to photobucket and post like a normal image.

These things are useful when you want to explain a problem.
    Oh, and you can also edit the image to ring relevant parts with red or to add arrows or whatever.

Length
    6"/BSL/BSL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

OK, I'm trying to quote three. Let's see if it works...

Length
    6"/BSL/BSL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

OK, Apparently I'm too stupid to live. I hit the quote+ buttons and they went to quote- like you said, but then I hit reply to the last-post-in the thread, and all I got was my words. Maybe I have to QUOTE-reply to the last post? But what if I don't WANT to quote that one? What if it's a stupid post and I want nothing to DO with it? (like my post above this one? I'd like to FORGET that one, frankly!)

Length
    6"/BSL/BSL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Isabel View Post

Does that help?
    Quote Originally Posted by getoffmyskittle View Post
    If you right click on the image, select "copy image location," then paste it into img tags in your post, that should do it.

ETA: Er, let me test that...

ETA2: Okay, it works!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelthadiva View Post
    KK, lemme try...

Thanks, Skitts! I love learning!
    OK, I'm trying to quote three. Let's see if it works...
    OK, Apparently I'm too stupid to live. I hit the quote+ buttons and they went to quote- like you said, but then I hit reply to the last-post-in the thread, and all I got was my words. Maybe I have to QUOTE-reply to the last post? But what if I don't WANT to quote that one? What if it's a stupid post and I want nothing to DO with it? (like my post above this one? I'd like to FORGET that one, frankly!)

OK, I figured it out. The multiquote ones I'd chosen from BEFORE my first-two posts here were STILL "quote-minused" and so I quoted my second post here and it took me to a new page like it does when you quote someone, and I see that I've got other quotes up here. THis oughtta be an unholy MESS of a post, but I think I got it!

Length
    shldr/shldr/?
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii

It doesn't work if you hit reply to a post, but if you don't want to quote the last post, just use the reply button under the last post.