Page 149 of 529 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199249 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 5285

Thread: Honey thread - from TBB and bits from old LHC

Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Default Honey thread

Quote Originally Posted by squiggyflop View Post
    the mushyness is scary but maybe its juts from the residue.. looking under the microscope it didnt look like residue but but maybe honey residue looks different than other residues.. i just got a little alarmed when i saw the jagged edges on my hairs.. maybe it will go away during my next wash.. whats more weird is that my hair had no medulla on any of my samples.. not even a thin one..
    squiggy

I have no idea what honey residue looks like under a microscope.

As to the medulla, I have no answer for that either.

There are people who have used honey and conditioner on these boards for years, for conditioning, with great results.

And there are people in the Honey threads, especially with the old dilutions, who practically lived with a honey lightening treatment on their hair every day - with no damage reported.

When you can - try a different honey - a cheap one - the Successful Honeys List is in my signature now, in the recommendations post - see #1.

Length
    short/41/45"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ktani View Post
    squiggy

I have no idea what honey residue looks like under a microscope.

As to the medulla, I have no answer for that either.

There are people who have used honey and conditioner on these boards for years, for conditioning, with great results.

And there are people in the Honey threads, especially with the old dilutions, who practically lived with a honey lightening treatment on their hair every day - with no damage reported.

When you can - try a different honey - a cheap one - the Successful Honeys List is in my signature now, in the recommendations post - see #1.
    hmm bear shaped bottle from walmart.. im not sure if dad would be willing to buy more honey when we have 3 bottle (stop and shop brand clover) 2 of the bottles are crystalized from sitting there.. i didnt know if those were usable since they have to be heated up to get it out of the bottle..
    can i call this classic length

Default Honey thread

squiggy

Please define what mushiness means to you.

You can see that there is a coating under your microscope.

And you said that your hair is tangling - consistent with a coating.

The descriptions of what a honey residue result is typically are; dry hair, dry ends, crunchy ends and fried ends.

Mushy is new to me.

Default Honey thread

squiggy

No, I would not heat up the honey to use it.

I realize money can be an issue.

Just do the best you can.

The cheaper honeys work just as well as the expensive ones, based on reports.

Length
    short/41/45"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

squiggy

Please define what mushiness means to you.

You can see that there is a coating under your microscope.

And you said that your hair is tangling - consistent with a coating.

The descriptions of what a honey residue result is typically are; dry hair, dry ends, crunchy ends and fried ends.

Mushy is new to me.
    my hair isnt dry and the ends arent crunchy.. i couldnt actually regognise a coating under the microscope just jagged edges (which might very well be what both damage and honey residue look like)

mushy.. how to discribe hmmmm.. um washing hair that feels like a mixture of soft bread dough and pudding and a sponge.. (probably not the best discription) it used to feel like that every time i washed my hair when it was bleached.. its a very alarming feeling because i instantly recognised it as what my hair felt like when wet at its most damaged state..
    can i call this classic length

Beware Of The Beagles Alley Cat's Avatar
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I have a couple of pictures I wanted to take some before the jarrah arrives to see what difference it makes. As I have said earlier I don't have any before I started the first treatments and after my colouring mishap when my hair was almost black. Shame really but there you go.

I think the first is after 2 or 3 treatments , some red is coming back into my hair. I lost the red highlights after my colour.

The 2nd I believe is after 9 and was taken yesterday. It was a windy day. Both were taken on overcast days. My hair can look different colours depending on the weather. But I believe they were similar days.

I think it is lightening .

Default Honey thread

squiggy

Did you ever look at your damagd hair at the time under a microscope?

Was there a difference?

It sounds as if it could be - I can only speculate - a mix of something from the conditoner/shampoo and the honey.

I can understand why you would be alarmed.

Please continue to update on the condition of your hair.
    Last edited by ktani; June 26th, 2008 at 07:03 PM. Reason: spelling

Default Honey thread

Quote Originally Posted by Alley Cat View Post
    I have a couple of pictures I wanted to take some before the jarrah arrives to see what difference it makes. As I have said earlier I don't have any before I started the first treatments and after my colouring mishap when my hair was almost black. Shame really but there you go.

I think the first is after 2 or 3 treatments , some red is coming back into my hair. I lost the red highlights after my colour.

The 2nd I believe is after 9 and was taken yesterday. It was a windy day. Both were taken on overcast days. My hair can look different colours depending on the weather. But I believe they were similar days.

I think it is lightening .
    Alley Cat

WOW!

That's lightening. You have spectacular hair!

9 treatments and some were before the corrected dilution - very impressive.

How is the condition of your hair, after 9 honey lightening treatments, compared to its condition prehoney lightening?
    Last edited by ktani; June 26th, 2008 at 07:04 PM. Reason: adjust text

Beware Of The Beagles Alley Cat's Avatar
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Alley Cat

WOW!

That's lightening. You have spectacular hair!

9 treatments and some were before the corrected dilution - very impressive.

How is the condition of your hair, after 9 honey lightening treatments, compared to its condition prehoney lightening?

Thank you ktani.

The condition of my hair after all honey treatments is the same as before no problems. It always feels nice after a treatment. I usually wash with shampoo and conditioner. I have tried just conditioner but didn't feel my hair was as clean. I once used a shampoo bar which was my old method of washing but for some reason I wasn't happy with that either, can't recall why. So for now it's back to the old shampoo and conditioner without cones after a treatment and my hair is happy and feels nice after a treatment.

so how frequently do you recommend to do a lightening treatment ?