Page 134 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1361

Thread: What's the most evil thing you've ever done to your hair?

Growing in the Silvers hennalonghair's Avatar
    Length
    APL/TBL/CL
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Default Re: What's the most evil thing you've ever done to your hair?

Worst thing I ever did to my hair was dye it.
    I once, not that long ago, accidentally got gum stuck in it and had no scissors so had to rip it out of my hair. That sucked.
    When I was about 13, I sprayed ‘sun in’ and laid in the sun.
    I’ve used a curling iron in it several times but never ironed it. I never wanted straight hair.

Length
    WL/HL/KL
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Big chop to earlobe-length when I was 14, then didn't condition/oil it for 2 years (I ONLY used sulfate shampoos, once every 2 days) :P this was because my mother told me that short hair didn't need conditioning! It felt like straw...

Length
    27/28/42
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

The most evil thing I’ve done is probably give my self the haircut I have now. Lol. I used the unicorn method and now my ends are thin and I have APL layers and MBL layers 😱😂

Length
    jaw/bcl/thigh
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I treated my hair pretty badly in my teens and early 20s.
    I’d wash it everyday and not use enough conditioner. Then I’d rip through it with a plastic brush and blow dry and flat iron it.
    I also bleached it too much too quick so I’d be able to use bright colors on it and used heat on top of that. Then after getting tired of the faded colors I’d dye it various shades of brown and black. Then of course I’d want bright colors again so I’d bleach it again.
    I’d also cut my hair into long choppy gross layers and sometimes used a razor blade to do so.

When I was younger, I bought one of those curlers that suck your hair up into it. I used to use this thing with hip length hair and thankfully never had any major issues BUT I was curling my best friends hair with it one day and her hair got stuck!! While it was inside the curling thingy! While it was BOILING hot! We had to rip her hair off just to get the thing off her. I was more mortified than she was...

Length
    ?/WL/FTL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Backcombing crimped hair when I was a goth.. And using fabric conditioner as a hair conditioner!

Length
    17.5/22.5/27.5
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii

I don’t cover it on the motorcycle. Tangles everywhere! I do put the length up, but the shorter new growth blows free anyways.

I know I should wear something over it. Even just for sun protection, but it feels so nice to have the wind on it.

For a couple of years now, I’ve been washing every day with Suave Cherry Blossom scented shampoo. And skipping conditioner. I did it that way in high school as well, conditioner messes up my skin really badly and I can’t go as long between washes. So I skip it.

I realized recently that I was unhappy with my hair and needed to switch back to a gentler and less frequent wash routine. So I have a shampoo bar, homemade real soap, that I’ve been using for about a month. And my scalp itchies were gone in one wash, my hair has its old body back. Also, scalp flakes are down, but just changing product does that for awhile.

We’ll see how it goes long term. But I was ready to crop it all back because itchy scalp and I’d had to cut a few tangles out four weeks ago. Now I just look at it and it detangles itself. It’s a huge difference.

Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I had perms as a teenager. It ruined the texture, shine and overall condition.
    I had stripes put in once at a salon, that didn´t go well either.
    :: 1b/F/M/ii :: Classic ::
    Hair goal: Long healthy natural silver hair
    Starting point: Corona pandemic 2020

Student of long hair care squirrrel's Avatar
    Length
    24/45.7/?
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

I think the worst was washing my hair first thing and going out into frosty winter weather without it being fully dry. I think I left it dripping wet at times. And yes: it froze, or got very frosty at least.

Length
    Bsl/Hp/Clsc
    Type
    1c/F/M/iii

Going black to red in one sitting. Luckily it was at a salon, but it still took three rounds of bleach to lift the black and then put the red on. I was in the chair for over six hours and looking back it was such a bad idea.