Length
    ?/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i

Default Re: The Flexi-8 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Su View Post
    So theese are mine: S / 4 x M / L / XL

Second is antique brass, the others are antique gold

Oh, these are all beautiful! I love the first two especially!

~Proud member of the Renegray Gang~

Length
    ?/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by Picknickerin View Post
    Oh Su, they´ re all so gorgeous! The celtic cross in antique brass is so beautiful!

some others from me:

Oh, I like all of these! I see I'm not the only one who goes for the all silver ones!

Length
    26/38/40
    Type
    2c/M/iii

Im really sad as I lost my small flexi 8 have looked and looked and still I cant find it, its been months since I last seen it!!!(grrr) Im so sad, so if anyone finds one it must be mine!!!
    Cloudchasers and Dreamers Welcome!! Lady Værmina, Gatekeeper of Dreamscapes in the Order of the Long Haired Knights! & self confessed hair idiot!!
    I havent always been kind to you!! hair pics

Length
    23"/32"/?
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii/iii

I just received my first Flexi-8s a couple of days ago (a small and a medium), and so far I'm disappointed. The quality is great and they are pretty, but I have not gotten them to work in my hair.

The small makes a very pretty half-up in my hair, but its fairly heavy and slooowly slides down in my slippery hair. Maybe it's too big?

The medium is too small to fit over a bun (although I had slightly better results after reading an earlier comment about using it like a hair stick - I will keep working at it) and all my attempts at a French twist look very sloppy. The Flexi-8 videos make it look so easy, and they have gotten such rave reviews here, so I'm surprised I'm having such a hard time. Maybe I should have gotten an extra small and a large.

Here's a pic. Sorry, no action shots yet. These are a small and medium, both in celtic cross.

~ Lady Akeso of the Healing Herbs in the Order of the Long Haired Knights ~

Type
    1b/1c/M/ii/iii

@SweetPea88:
    Which size you need for the half-up depends on how much hair you gather for it. If you take only small streaks I would recommend you a mini, if you take more size XS.

@Avalonna:
    Use the M to hold the middle of a Nautilus bun. I use size L for that, but size M would do, too. In the article section there are instructions for the lazy wrap-bun, which you can secure with size M. What about a French twist? This style should also work with the M-flexi.

Length
    CL/CL/BSL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Avalonna View Post
    I just received my first Flexi-8s a couple of days ago (a small and a medium), and so far I'm disappointed. The quality is great and they are pretty, but I have not gotten them to work in my hair.

The small makes a very pretty half-up in my hair, but its fairly heavy and slooowly slides down in my slippery hair. Maybe it's too big?

The medium is too small to fit over a bun (although I had slightly better results after reading an earlier comment about using it like a hair stick - I will keep working at it) and all my attempts at a French twist look very sloppy. The Flexi-8 videos make it look so easy, and they have gotten such rave reviews here, so I'm surprised I'm having such a hard time. Maybe I should have gotten an extra small and a large.

Here's a pic. Sorry, no action shots yet. These are a small and medium, both in celtic cross.

Flexi-8 are great about exchanging. I've exchanged for smaller ones and I've exchanged a gold one for silver. I just didn't like the gold in my hair!

I use mini for half ups. Anything else will eventually slide out of my hair. I use XS for my ponytail.
    Last edited by paper; February 23rd, 2009 at 06:22 AM. Reason: spelling
    ~Renegray Gang Member~

Length
    ?/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by Avalonna View Post

Sounds like you did get the wrong sizes for what you want to do with them. You probably need an extra small or a mini for a half up. (I think most people end up with extra small; I use minis, but I have baby fine thin hair).
    They have great customer service though; I would exchange them if I didn't think they were going to work. They are both beautiful!

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    26?/Waist/Hip?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

Thanks Monchhichi, I think XS sounds about right for a half-up.

Type
    1b/C/ii

I am DYING to order me some...but gotta wait til payday
    *Hopefully new signature picture coming soon...I've been gone for a few months...lol