Thread: Make your own flexi 8 type hairclip! Or modify a flexi!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    44/55/knie
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Default Re: Make your own flexi 8 type hairclip! Or modify a flexi!

@SparrowWings,

that instruction manual is, what I follow too. Only two colors. If I have, I prepare some extra beads just in case some will jump off the table.

@paulownia,
    very nice idea with that sturdy chord. Is the centerpiece a kind of button? Beautiful and tone-in-tone!

Three years ago I revamped the Flexi8 Krissy XL. I like antique copper very much, and the centerpiece is also very nice, but the rest ... The 8 is a bit larger now, and I skipped the brownish beads and inserted Prehnite beads instead.

I also have made new flexis. The ruby pearls were laying in a box for 5 years, because I just didn't find a right centerpice. Finally I decided to use a centerpiece from a Surprise-Flexi8, which was alltoo colorful to me. Now I have also many silver beads for some more Flexis. The next shock: The ruby beads were in the hole too narrow for my piano-wire which has the size of the Flexi8-wire 0,6mm. I bought 0,55 mm which was going to the brim of the beads' hole. But now it is finished.

I also decided to re-size my lapis flexi, because it was far too large and the stick was placed also in a very uncomfy way - the wire through the small hole of the stick - see here in my previous posting in this thread. That time, I didn't own any original Flexi8, so I had no imagination of the sizes I need actually. I need a size between XXL and XL, that means I have to make every fourth of the wire to be app. 3 1/5 inches, then I get the mid-size between XXL and XL. And I changed the centerpiece. I have some brooches which fit good, because the needle is right through the middle of it. I fastened it additionally with some glue band, which is not seen from the frontside.

The green jade flexi with the John Lauritzen brooch is allowed to stay large as it is - Giga size. Some hair styles with a hair tie ponytail base go with that very good.

Here some pics:

Last edited by Fornarina; June 14th, 2024 at 09:13 AM.