Page 47 of 72 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: I Lightened my Too-Dark Henna with Sun-In (Yes, really.) VERY pic heavy!!

Length
    17/24/35
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Default Re: I Lightened my Too-Dark Henna with Sun-In (Yes, really.) VERY pic heavy!!

Great thread. Thank you all.

Length
    9"/15"/24"
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Default Re: I Lightened my Too-Dark Henna with Sun-In (Yes, really.) VERY pic heavy!!

Where is a good reliable place to buy cassia?

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I buy from HennaSooq:

http://www.hennasooq.com/all-products/

She even has a sale running right now

Length
    BSL/W/HL/TBL

Does it only work for the ones who have blond hair as their starting color? my natural hair is a mid brown and now I have some really nice red highlights (after hennaing 3 times) but I wonder if a product like Sun-in would lighten up a bit for me as well.
    Thanks!

Length
    21/9/40
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Henna sooq is my fave. I've bought from a few places and hands down, they have the best customer service. Shipping is cheaper than other placed as well.

My daughter has light brown hair with natural highlights and cassia really brightens her hair up. It does wash out quickly but it makes her fine hair look strong. But she's 9 so really, everything is cute and adorable on her. I know spoken like a true mom

Account Closed by Member Request

Hey hey! I wanted to add my experience lightening henna with Sun In/hydrogen peroxide.

I started out henna-ing three years ago with no specific color in mind, I didn't really think about the build up... so of course I ended up going too dark. I lightened once about a year ago, and was fairly happy with my less burgundy but still deep red. But recently I've become enamored with bright orangey reds, so I whipped out my supplies again!

I went from this:

To this:

In one night plus about 5 hours.
    My process is quite a bit different from Ms. Nightshade's. I soaked my hair in plain old 3% hydrogen peroxide (the main ingredient in Sun In) after a heavy coconut oiling, and left it under a showercap overnight. I also layered a sleep cap and wool beanie on top to enhance and trap body heat. When I woke up my hair was just slightly damp, so I rewetted and relayered for another 4-5 hours. I CO-ed the coconut oil out and that was that!
    I don't own a hairdryer, so I tried to improvise, and I'm happy to say it worked!

I still need to tweak it a bit, I'm thinking a 30/70 henna/cassia application to redden it back up just a bit.

Sorry for the long post, thanks to Nightshade for the idea/inspiration!

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Oh, gratitudinous, that turned out lovely! Thank you so much for sharing your method The coppery color is so pretty!

Account Closed by Member Request

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
    Oh, gratitudinous, that turned out lovely! Thank you so much for sharing your method The coppery color is so pretty!
    Thank you! I'm very happy with it, it suits my vampire tan much better haha.
    Thanks again for sharing the method, it's a hair-saver!

Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Love your results, gratitudinous! That color is dreamy!

Length
    23/27/35
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

I'm not sure whether someone already posted that or not but there's two different Types of Sun-In in the UK. One strong and one gentle.
    Anyone know which one Nightshade used? Which one do you guys use?