Thread: Honey thread - from TBB and bits from old LHC

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Account Closed by Member Request
    In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Default Re: Honey thread - from TBB and bits from old LHC

Quote Originally Posted by Spun View Post
    For some reason I opted for the cinnamon even though I read all the warnings and saw the pictures! I've never had a negative reaction to anything before so I was overly confident. All I can say is everyone Test on a small area of the skin first regardless of past experiences! My skin does NOT like cinnamon! I looked in the mirror and I had red streaks all down my face! It freaked me out so I washed it all out immediately! Luckily it went away in like 20 minutes.
    I think I'll try again tomorrow but with EVOO and honey.
    Spun

I am so sorry that this happened to you. It has happened to others too, and thankfully, like your experience, it was temporary.

I would give yourself some time, a day or 2 at least before you try a treatment, to let your scalp and skin fully recover from sensitivity, even though the redness is gone.

Honey lightening with added oil has not been reported to be a problem, however, I suggest that you start with 1/2 tablespoon of either oil, to mak it easier to wash out of the hair.

It is the correct 4 to 1 dilution, the right honey and good water (distilled) that can make the difference for a treatment, plus keeping the hair very wet before and while it is covered.

The boosters are great but they are less important than the honey, IMO.
    Last edited by ktani; August 24th, 2008 at 06:17 AM.